Chapter Eighteen

Oriane's Pov
Over the course of quite a few months passing by. Finally a full blown year had gone by, leaving me in the hands of my husband and wife. I had felt more like myself did I ever did before. I no longer hid myself at night and I helped out everyone like I had done previously. Of course it took some time getting adjusted to not using my full strength when hugging the girls or when they jumped at me, not to yelp and hold onto them.

During the days Tengen would trace at all my scars and mutter how I was still beautiful along the lines. It made me feel some happier things I wouldn't lie.

Along with staining my hunger to raw meats it was the only alternative to blood and flesh all of us could think of. Tengen became ten times more protective over his wives, including me. In a way I suppose he valued life a lot more as the same way I did.

"This walk in the woods is stupid! I can't even find these berries." A faint smile grew on my face listening to Maiko's loud angry exclaims in the process. It was only natural that family time was spent whenever it could happen. Whether it was shopping trips, cuddling at night or long night sessions he wanted to spend every second along side us.

"I can smell them they aren't that far." I announced out, stepping along side down the path, I took a huge whiff, ignoring everyone else's figure moving along behind me.

"All you girls do is whine. Appreciate the air and nature around you, yeah?" Tengen huffed out his response gently sticking his nose up for a moment. My body suddenly shifted in the direction. I could sense the berries no doubt about it, but there was another lingered scent in the air. A scent I was all too familiar. I grew tense for a moment, focusing all my senses at once.

"Oriane? What's the matter sweetie?" I felt a small dangly hand press onto my shoulder watching Hina come into my view standing by my side. I focused on the rush breeze moving by blowing through the large state of my hair, before moving my head to stare Tengen deep in his eyes speaking a single word.

"Ice.." I shook my head a couple times, sprinting down the path as quick as my half speed would let me, ignoring the loud cries and shouts of my name frantically.  I sprinted as quickly as my body could carry me. Emerging at the sight in a clearing, holding my breath for a moment.

A clear like river flowed endlessly, sprinting in two like paths. It was a beautiful area. The sight then had my sharp eyes flicking to where I saw a child. No much older than at least two years of age happily playing with the flowers. A child so far out here alone. I felt my entire body shift at the sight of a set of little blue horns settled on his temple. Watching as his head snapped up at the sound of approaching footsteps. His eyes held intrigue. Yet my eyes locked in the shape of his own. Those were my eyes...

I felt my hand clamp over my mouth in one quick motion stepping towards the young child. I would have recalled being with child wouldn't I? There's just no full way.

"Oriane! Are you alright? Running off like that it's so unflashy of you." I didn't spare Tengen a simple look at first, watching the way his ears perked up. He found himself quickly looking over to the spot I was gazing at.

"Huh? What is a young child doing so far out from the town." He took a couple steps towards the little male child before I shot my arm out to stop him.

"Tengen wait... I think that might be my child." The way his head whipped around back to stare at me quickly, a sudden chuckle leaving him in disbelief.

"Your child? Oriane there's no way. This child looks about two... Well you technically were gone for a really long time, one year and half then you came back during half a year. Another one has passed." He seemed to be calculating it all inside that mind of his.

"He touched me a lot... In ways I didn't practically want. But I would have remembered if I was pregnant Tengen... He use to leave a lot.." I whispered moving much closer to the boy watching him look up at me quickly. I could recognize those little blue horns anywhere.

My lips started to tremble looking back towards Tengen, who seemed to be holding his entire breath.

"It is possible my love... That he took the baby while you were sleep and gave him away." I felt the warmth trickle of the tears down my cheeks carefully kneeling in front of him, his nose twitched a couple times into the air, he seemed to recognize my scent opening his arms up quickly making grabby hands at me.

I wasted not a single second to scoop him up holding him on my waist holding my breath at the sight of him, turning back to face Tengen who had a soft expression over his features stepping towards the both of us.

"I had a son Tengen..." A simple kiss was pressed to my temple in one action his arm moving to hug my waist.

"You did my dear.. I can see you all through out him."