Chapter Ten

Oriane's Pov
I don't think my body has endured so much in so much time. I found myself not being able to fight back like I was so use to doing, Kouri always had the upper hand with his beatings and taunting. He usually didn't like hitting me unless it was necessary. Who knew time could go by so slow, though in reality in had been days after day of non-stop mental torture is what drew me over the edge.

The demon's moods varied greatly, and odd enough after his attacks he would hug my frame close whispering things to me, stroking the bruises and marks before falling asleep.

Today was no exceptions to his deep rambles and words of madness. He was pacing angry like, leaving me to stare at him wondering what was instore for this day.

"Kouri why are you pacing..? You've been pacing for hours." I muttered out wincing at the hoarse like sensation of my vocal cords rubbing together aggressively like. He grumbled more to himself using his palm to rub at his horns for a moment.

"I hate humans with every fiber in my existing body. I especially hate female humans all they do is leave." I once more gulped going to the little happy place inside my mind, I made a promise I need to keep it no matter how hard it is to wanna keep going on. A small yelp of surprise left me, watching him suddenly jump and land near in front of me, kneeling in front of me.

"You do know how many days have passed haven't you my sweet orange flower?" I shook my head at him a couple times hearing him sigh defeated like rolling his eyes with a grumble, bringing one of his hands to grip at my jaw stroking at it a couple times.

"It's been some long three months, seems shorter doesn't it? I've had fun with your body being so breakable.... I could break you in everyday possible. Which in due time I can do." I felt uneasy seeing the glazed over look in his icy eyes, feeling him rubbing at my jaw.

"Do you think they'll still love you as a demon..? You are married to the sound Hashira aren't you?" I didn't utter a word at first, my heart starting to ache a little, dropping my head down to face the ground.

"Oriane answer me.. They won't love you as a demon, he already has three wives so I need you to know this in your mind. You'll be nothing forever to them, just something they need to kill." Tears brimmed my eyes suddenly my lip trembling as I spoke quietly.

"No... They wouldn't love me as a demon Kouri." He cupped at my face gently stroking his claw against my cheeks even more, pressing a single kiss to my temple he then used his strength to ripped the ropes, from my sore raw wrist, I didn't move knowing what he was gonna do, cutting into my arm harshly, before I saw his own palm cut open droplets of the bitter red shade of blood dripping into the open wound.

My human life... Was out of my reach and gasp. I hadn't felt this numb in a while that the bubbling pain had pooled over my entire body I felt his arms wrap around my body urging me close.

"Now... You won't ever have a reason to leave me.. Cause I'm all you have.. You won't leave me right?" Fresh more warm tears leaked from me before I cracked out through the rough tremble of pain now taking over me.

"Of course not... Where will I go."

____________________________
"Oriane! come come dear." My eyes flashed a deep shade of orange the iris staying that color for a moment finding my eyes lingering on my appearance in the mirror. That couldn't be me... Could it? why did I still look human. I ignored his loud plea like cries, flicking my oddly shape eyes down to watch as my little claws grew and faded in and out of normal shapes.

I whipped my head back up, spinning back around seeing his tall form entering the broken like door frame.

"Didn't you hear me calling you dear? I'm going to hunt I'll bring you something for your new hungry." I quickly exclaimed out harshly grabbing at his arms screaming out fast.

"W-what did you do to me Kouri! This isn't normal!" His eyes widen a bit staring at me oddly.

"Now now, Oriane you are being overly dramatic you were just changed a day ago-" his voice cut off sharply for a moment before he gripped at my chin forcing me to look at him.

"I.. Well that's odd. Your iris are the shape of oranges and it's like they are switching back and forth between your human brown eyes." His jaw dropped for a moment before he grabbed at my palm, slicing it open with his long claw causing me to hiss out a quiet ow, trying to yank my hand away from his actions. It took a moment but he watched how it took a long while for the large cut in my palm to heal itself up.

"I don't believe it... Oriane... You are a success. Oh my god I knew you were special!" I jolted back his yelling was always embedded in my mind.

"What are you talking about...?" I trailed off trying to use my words quite wisely.

"You're a half breed... I made you a half demon, half human! It means like imagine both sides fighting for position. At night you'll become a full demon, and during the day you'll be human! I've tried for years to make a half breed." Oh great... More reasons for him to keep me hostages for days to come. He yanked me close towards him, I weakly hugged his form back a little, feeling him playing with my large hair with ease.

Something just tells me he is gonna be doing more strange things to my body then he already was.