Chapter Fifteen

Oriane's Pov
It's night time. Another very kind of night of staring into space and pacing. I had found my new price possession being the new set of earrings I had. I was either always wearing them or holding the box in my grip, with still keeping my bedroom door locked I just couldn't risk anyone coming in here, not to help me dress. I felt like I couldn't even risk it to go to the bath house, all my baths were taken during the day.

Everything had to be done during the day before the night came. I stared at my large orange eyes on the mirror after watching the earrings bounce in place as I played with them almost in a daze trying to avoid accidentally scratching myself with the almond shape claws.  Gazing back my reflection the loudest gasp of shock left me as quickly as I could, I sprung my body up to dash inside the closest sliding the door shut as quickly as I could my heart hammering so quickly.

Oh my gosh... I didn't lock the door. I shut my eyes tightly, relaxing just a bit hearing the soft tone.

"Oriane? That's the first that door has been unlocked? Are you alright my little orange? I brought some food, I was gonna leave it out by the door." I could hear his heavy footsteps across the hardwood causing my heart to skip a beat even more as I slowly sat on the floor of the closet door, keeping my hand pressed onto it so he didn't slide it back open.

"Oh Tengen.. Thank you, usually the door is locked but it seems I forget my mind has been so foggy." I apologized, I heard his body stop in front of the closet door before a small grunt was heard hearing him sitting across the floor right in front of me. Little tears took over my vision letting my eyes fall to my lap each little tears drop landing into my lap.

"Are you in the closet my love? Why are you in the closet?" His tone was so gentle like that I just came up with the quickest excuse to make up for me crying and my voice being so shaky.

"I don't like looking at myself in the mirror anymore.. Whenever I do I'm just disgusted, I see a girl who is broken more than she was a year ago. Bruises, I see a girl filled with... Hate." I found myself muttering each word after the other. I hated myself more than I ever did.

"I hated myself before but I just hate myself more... I was beaten every day. If not that then he touched me... Said I would learn to love it... Love him. And he is right Tengen... He is dead... Yet I felt like I loved him." A weak like sob left my trembling lips resting my head on the closest door.

"Am I disgusting..?" I heard a very shaky intake before I heard the light thump that his head was pressed in place where my own head was resting.

"Of course not Oriane... You never were disgusting to begin with and you aren't now. You are my wife. One of my precious wives, who had something so horrible and terrible done to you. You were held captive for almost a full year. And did what you needed to insure you survived. There are a lot of cases of those being held captive care and love those who torture and kept them." He paused for a moment a deep sniffle sound being heard.

"And no matter how long it takes. I will help you remember to love yourself like the way we do. That you still are as important as you were the day we met." I smiled faintly keeping my head in place as I took a deep breath in wanting to drop my clawed hand down from behind the closet door, shutting my eyes more firmly.

"What if it takes forever?" I whispered hearing a soft sad like chuckle leaving Tengen with interest.

"Then even in death I will be making you remember." The light chuckle eased from me keeping my head facing down as I took a nice deep breath in.

"Is that why you keep buying baby blue things? It's okay to tell me." I found my head nodding quickly even though he couldn't see it.

"The demon is dead.. I watched him die, but it's like something wants to keep him around even though I don't want to." I muttered out much firm like slightly slamming my fist into my thigh causing it to jiggle in place almost digging my nails into the flesh.

"How about to put your mind at ease. Later in the week we plant some blue flowers would that make you feel better?" It was worth a try to get it out of my mind.

"I'd like that yes." I whispered more to myself hearing another soft chuckle leave Tengen.

"Alright then that's settled alright? I'm glad that calmed you down a bit your heart was speeding up so much." I kept my head pressed in place finding his voice soothing at this time. No worries for once I realized the night time use to always be my time of peace, now it just made me anxious for no reason.

"Tengen?"

"Hmm?"

"How come you retired?" The silence was almost enough to elope the entire room his answer was simple yet made a lot of sense.

"It was time I spent the remainder of my life not worrying about dying in every mission so that I could come back to you four. A promise is a promise till all days."