Chapter 4

[Y/N]: Huh. Strange. Usually she'd just text me but eh whatever.

Itsuki: Who?

[Y/N]: Miku.

Itsuki: Is there something going on between you and her?

I finally looked up at my desk and faced Itsuki who had stood next to me for a while. I then sighed and thought about what I did.

[Y/N]: Hm. I guess I haven't spent much time with her ever since we reunited. You think she's mad?

Itsuki: I doubt so.

[Y/N]: Oh. Alright.

I then looked at the time and it's gonna be quite a while for it to be after school. I then thought about what Miku wanted. Maybe it was just bonding time. I  don't know.

After telling Futaro to meet me at the rooftop, it was finally after school. I packed up my stuff and was about to leave for the rooftop until I bumped into Yotsuba.

[Y/N]: Oh, hey, Yotsuba.

Yotsuba: Hi, [Y/N]-san!

[Y/N]: What are you up to?

Yotsuba: Oh, I'm helping out the teachers by carrying all the heavy papers for them. No big deal!

[Y/N]: Ah. You're always so helpful. I wonder what the world would be like without you.

Yotsuba: Aww. Stop it. You're making me blush.

[Y/N]: Okay okay. Anyway, need help with those? You're arms are shaking a little.

Yotsuba: No! I'm okay!

I ignored what she said and took half of the stack of papers she was carrying. I hope Futaro is okay with me being late. I bet he would.

Going to the teacher's lounge, Yotsuba and I set down the papers and we leave the room before we cause any trouble. I then looked at Yotsuba and pat her head.

[Y/N]: Alright. I'm gonna go for now. I'll see you later at your apartment.

Yotsuba: O-Okay!

I then turned to leave as I walk to the rooftop. Of course, I'm a 20 minutes late but that's fine. I won't be surprised if Miku was already there with Futaro.

Climbing the steps to the rooftop, I suddenly bumped into Miku who had her head down. She looks at me for a second before looking away and walked past me.

Futaro: Wait! Miku!

I looked up and noticed that Futaro was there with Matcha Soda in his hand. Thinking about what happened between them, I came with a conclusion.

[Y/N]: You didn't get the snot thing, did you?

Futaro: Wha-

[Y/N]: She did it to me as well. I tried to gain her trust a little more since my mom wanted me to get closer and comfortable with the quints. Turns out, I just forgot about the matcha snot story.

Futaro: I see... [Y/N]. Come with me.

[Y/N]: Uh okay?

Futaro then leads me to the library as he goes to the japanese history section. He then takes and arm full and gives it to me as he takes more.

[Y/N]: Please don't tell me you're going to read all this.

Futaro: No one, and I mean no one, can underestimate my intelligence. So, I'll read all this and prove to her that I know more about japanese history than she does.

[Y/N]: Okay okay. Why drag me into this?

Futaro: Because you can teach me along the way.

I widened my eyes as I look at Futaro. I know very well that he's an egoistic low-life and that he has pride but i didn't think he'd let that go just to be smarter than Miku in japanese history.