Part 1 - 10: The End of the Beginning

The imposter was approaching closer; It was red. Lime could see it, that violent poppy coloured shimmer from their space suit. Lime was hiding, hiding beneath a control panel in Navigation. They could just vent away, they're an engineer after all, and they still had some time. But they were with Cyan. They couldn't just leave them here to get killed.
Cyan checked the vitals tablet and looked in horror as they clenched their stomach, dropping it on the floor, to which it emitted a dangerously loud metallic *thunk!* Red drew closer.

*Rapid vent clanks*

Lime: "I hope everyone is still- doing just fine..." *pant pant pant* "not dead... Cyan, I hope you're watching over me, giving me the strength I need"

Yellow: "and just what do you think you're doing, Blue?"
Blue: "Stopping you. Saving everyone else."
Yellow: "Blue, you're such a fool... There is barely any time left."
Blue: "Bruh." *Starts running away*
Yellow: "HEY, WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" *runs after*

*Vent grate opens*

Lime: "Oh my god it's so hot in here!"
Pink: "LIME!"
Lime: "Yeah I'm here."
Brown: *shakes head* "but why? You've just trapped yourself!"
Lime: "No, it should open any second now. Blue is taking care of it"
Pink: "They better had or we're going to melt into the colourful slime that's seen on Crewtube videos for baby beans!"
Lime: "It's okay, we can trust Blue to not fail!"
Brown: "It's hard to trust anyone these days"

*Medbay door opens*

Lime: "Blue did it! ...oh my god, everything's on fire..."
Brown: "I think we may need to be quick"
Pink:"You really think?"
Lime: "Alright let's go."

*Cafeteria doors closing*

Blue: "DAMMIT! I almost got in there! I could have pressed it... I... Huh? I thought- Why isn't- Yellow isn't chasing me?" *falls to knees* "NO! NO! NO! NO!"

*Yellow vents out of Security*

Yellow: "They better still be in here..." *walking to reactor* "good."
Pink: "YELLOW! YOU ABSOLUTE CRINGE-POSTER!"
Brown: "Get out. Of our. way."
Lime: "Or else!"
Yellow: *smugly* "'or else' what? You see, I'm sure none of you are willing to get one another killed to save everyone. You are all not the kind to make such sacrifices."
Brown: *stepping forward* "Guys, I'll be bait... once Yellow kills me, there will be a long enough cooldown for you all to fix the reactor, to report Yellow, to kick them out, and to get rid of all these fires."
Blue: *running from lower engine* "BROWN NO!"
Brown: "IT'S THE ONLY WAY!"
Yellow: "Are you really sure you want to make that sacrifice? What if it goes wrong, Brown?"
Brown: "..."
Yellow: "You know what... I'm sick of playing games-" *pulls out a bodybag from the corner of the room, hurling a tied-up cyan out of it* "COME ANY CLOSER AND YOUR CREWMATE WILL PERISH"
Lime: "C- Cyan??? You- Is that you-?"
Pink: "YOU'RE ALIVE!?"
Cyan: *incomprehensible muffling through duct tape*

*reactor core siren: reactor core meltdown imminant. 15 seconds remain.*

Pink: "No! We have to fix this somehow!"
Yellow: "TAKE ONE MORE STEP TOWARD THAT VENT LIME AND I'LL KILL CYAN RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW!"
Cyan: *muffled screaming*
Yellow: "You're all trapped. You'll all die, just like the rest of your pitiful friends did."

*fires roaring from both engines*

Pink: "There's no way out, is there?"
Lime: "I guess all we can do is hope..."

*reactor core siren: reactor core meltdown imminant. 5 seconds remain.*

Brown: "Goodbye skeld..."
Blue: *clenches fist*

*reactor core siren: 3 seconds*

Cyan: *audible crying*

*reactor core siren: 2 seconds*

Yellow: "We did it Red! HAHA!"

*reactor core siren: 1 second*

Yellow: "We did it... partner"

Part One - End

Thank you for reading:
Writing Among Us Fanfiction Everyday Until I Get Therapy

To Be Continued...