Chapter 9

Harry was in a right state when he awoke the next morning. There wasn't a moment of grogginess or heaviness on his mind. His body felt loose and boneless, completely relaxed as lay against Blaise, but with that came absolute clarity and anxiety. What was he supposed to think after last night? He was so dazed that he didn't put up a struggle when Blaise pulled him down to sleep, but now? Now, he was rested and the initial shock had worn off, giving way to incredulity and embarrassment. Did he really allow the Slytherin to touch him all over? Harry blushed as his skin began to tingle from phantom fingers glossing over him. He bit his lip and shut his eyes tightly. What now? Obviously, their relationship was evolving quickly, and Harry needed to take ownership of it before he lost his way completely. He knew exactly what he wanted, but in this...he had no idea what Blaise was thinking.

He'd been nothing but kind and patient with Harry, and even that seemed like he was selling the Slytherin short, but Harry thought it might be a little too mawkish to call the boy a prince. Seriously, he wasn't a Hufflepuff, but he would acknowledge that every day the Slytherin delighted him more and more. It was so easy to be with Blaise, even in the heart of Slytherin territory, and Harry didn't want that to change. However, he couldn't imagine how that innocent massage last night wouldn't change everything. Harry maneuvered out of Blaise's embrace and sat up to stare at him. Harry could hardly look him directly in the face anymore without blushing, so this was a rare opportunity. In the beginning, he had no trouble admitting that Blaise was good-looking without feeling funny about it. He even remembered staring deep into his eyes a few weeks ago without the slightest blush. Now, if he caught Blaise's eye over the top his textbook in the library his stomach twisted into so many knots.

He could only imagine that it would get worse from here on out. Harry leaned over and lifted a hand to brush away the stray curls falling into Blaise's face. He looked so peaceful in slumber, and Harry's hand shook as he tried not to wake the sleeping Slytherin. It was still early, and Harry wanted to let him get as much sleep as possible since Draco wasn't there to wake them rudely. He didn't notice as his fingers lingered on Blaise's smooth mocha skin and slid across his parted lips, but he jumped when Blaise's tongue darted out and teased his fingertips. Blaise opened his eyes and gazed at Harry's bare chest, heaving from his surprise.

"It seems I am not the only one who cannot keep my hands to myself," Blaise chuckled, his voice still rough from sleep. Harry's heart was still pounding from being startled, and those thick coils in his stomach were tightening low in his gut as Blaise's husky voice reached his ears. "I'm sorry," Harry said haltingly,

"I didn't mean to wake you."

"That's okay Harry," Blaise said, turning onto his back so he could see Harry clearly, "You are much sweeter than my usual alarm clock."

Blaise smirked and put his hands behind his head as he took in Harry's pink blush. Those were becoming much more frequent. Harry cleared his throat and shifted around, looking for the shirt he'd discarded last night. The early morning chill was seeping through the crack in his bed curtains, and he was getting colder by the second. Not to mention it was embarrassing to sit half-naked in front of Blaise, showing off his scrawny chest. "I think Draco might resent that statement." Blaise shrugged with a loose smile, "Oh, I am sure he might, but if he were sitting where I am sitting I think he would be more inclined to agree with me." Harry's widened in shock as Blaise's eyes roamed his body unabashedly. Harry turned a vibrant red and lunged to side of the bed grabbing the first garment with sleeves from the floor. Blaise was always teasing Harry and trying to make him blush, but Harry couldn't help but notice that he was being much more brazen now than he was before. Blaise watched and sighed quietly as Harry covered the skin he was quickly becoming addicted to.

"Harry, I was thinking while you were sleeping," Blaise said, sitting up fully. He'd decided days ago that he wanted to pursue a real relationship with the Gryffindor, and Blaise wasn't one to dawdle after making a decision. After confirming how accepting Harry was of his touch last night, he didn't want to wait any longer. Harry tugged his shirt on and sat down in front of the Slytherin. Blaise's voice and demeanor had lost all of their previous playfulness.