chapter 14

Harry slipped as silently as possible into the Slytherin common room, making his way invisibly up to the dorm room Blaise shared with Draco. He'd spent the last two hours talking to Severus about everything: Dumbledore's impending death, Sirius' rescue, the Malfoys, the horcruxes, and he just felt completely, emotionally and mentally, rung out. He felt like the Dursely's tele during a storm, all filled up with senseless white noise. Somehow he needed to press the reset button on his brain, so he could recharge and not feel so overwhelmed because even with Severus' reassurance Harry still felt dazed. There were so many things that needed to get done, and they were preparing for them, but as of yet had no real results for anything. It was a little disheartening; it felt like everything was about to converge at the same time, and Harry wasn't sure how he was meant to weather it all. He slipped off his clothes as quietly as possible and dropped them soundlessly into Blaise's open trunk. In only his boxers, he slipped between the curtains surrounding Blaise's bed.

"Harry?" Blaise's tired voice sounded.

"Hey, it's me. You can go back to sleep; I didn't mean to wake you," Harry whispered, sliding under the covers. Blaise yawned and stretched and sat up, "No, it is okay. I was not really sleeping, just dozing off." Harry nodded although he wasn't sure if Blaise could see him. There was very little light filtering through the curtains. Blaise reached up and felt around for Harry, pulling the boy into his body and running a hand through his hair as they settled together against the pillows. "What did Professor Snape say to you? Do you want to talk about it some more?" Even though he couldn't see him well in the darkness and without his glasses, Harry looked up at Blaise beseechingly,

"No, I don't want to talk about any of it anymore tonight. I- I just want..." he voice trailed off as he bit his lip. "I just need everything to stop...for just a moment," he whispered into the darkness, running his hands down Blaise's skin wherever he could reach. Blaise stopped moving and held his breath. He knew where their relationship was headed, and he wanted Harry so badly, but he still wasn't sure if the Gryffindor was ready. They hadn't spoken about it, and Blaise didn't want to inadvertently scare him away or hurt him. He stilled Harry's wandering hands,

"Harry-"

"Please," Harry pleaded, kissing Blaise's fingertips. He could think of so many reasons why they needed to do this. They needed to make the bond stronger to hopefully better protect him when he went to retrieve Sirius, to relieve the tension on the bond that struck them at odd moments, to help them both forget for a moment about all of the burdens they had to carry, but most importantly they needed to do this because they both wanted to. Blaise moved so quickly Harry could hardly follow his motion, and subsequently he was slightly disoriented to find himself beneath Blaise and pressed down into the bed. Harry's breath caught as Blaise began licking and nipping at his neck. With a groan, he arched his back to give the Slytherin more room to kiss down the column of his neck. "Whatever you want, Harry," Blaise murmured against his Gryffindor's soft, smooth skin.

He couldn't get enough of his taste. "You can have whatever you want." Harry pressed his hands against Blaise's shoulders, clawing at his skin with blunt nails. His brain was scrambling as Blaise worked his way down his body, playing it like a fine tuned fiddle. His fingers left trails of fire down Harry's skin, and his lips left oversensitive bone-chilling goose bumps in their wake. He felt completely overwhelmed in the best, toe-curling way possible. "Blaise." His name was like a gift to Blaise's ears as Harry undulated below him. He sat back and reached for his wand, casting a low light charm. The spell poured dim light over Harry. The sight nearly took the Slytherin's breath away. Harry had discarded his glasses long ago; his heavily lidded eyes were burning a hole through Blaise as Harry licked his lips and repositioned himself before Blaise. The Slytherin had never seen Harry, so open and ready for him. His body was in complete contrast to Blaise's. Blaise's muscles were taut with desire and the strain from trying to restrain himself and take Harry slowly, but his little lover was so pliant beneath his roaming fingers, allowing to position and reposition him as he saw fit. The light was casting shadows over Blaise's skin, but Harry seemed to glow ethereally beneath the low light.