Chapter 16 - Last chapter

Harry spent the next couple of days in the infirmary under the strict care of Madame Pomfrey who didn't seem any angrier at Harry than she usually was when he landed himself in her infirmary. During that time, Blaise was a constant companion in his isolated room, giving him updates on his godfather and bringing in his assignments. Most of the adults involved in the rescue had left the castle shortly after Harry and Severus emerged with the missing animagus. Fred and George had commandeered Rabastan for the foreseeable future for a project they were working on. No one knew exactly what it was because they were being unusually tight-lipped about it although Harry thought he had an idea what it might be. The Malfoys had planned to go to Grimmauld, but they couldn't without Harry, Sirius, or Dumbledore as he was still the secret keeper for the home. Outside of him, only Harry as the Black heir or Sirius as Lord Black could grant them entrance.

Harry worried about them constantly despite Draco's assurances; he felt responsible for their well-being since he was giving them sanctuary. They still needed to complete the contract, and that's why he was worried. Voldemort could be searching for them while he was laid up in bed, and there was nothing he could do about it. Draco, however, scoffed at his worries because he was more than confident that his parents could take care of themselves for weeks on end without access to their funds or ancestral home. Despite common belief, the Malfoys had friends far and wide, and not all of them were death eaters.

They just needed the Gryffindor for longer lasting security which Harry would grant as soon as he was released and could locate them. Amaunet rarely left his side, taking her protective duty seriously. When she did venture out to stretch her legs, she usually followed Blaise or Draco about the castle as they went from class to class. She pranced around the castle like it was her own, tormenting Mrs. Norris who was incensed by being usurped but never failed to disappear when Ama prowled through the corridors. When Harry was finally released from the infirmary, the first thing he wanted to do was go see Sirius.

He was told that he was resting in Severus' chambers where he could be looked after without the students finding him, but the Gryffindor needed to see with his own eyes. Everyone understood that but the Headmaster who immediately waylaid Harry upon exiting and directed him towards his office. Harry entered and was surprised to find Draco and Blaise waiting for them with the Deputy Headmistress, Professor McGonagall.

"What's going on?" Harry asked Blaise.

"I thought you two would be in class right now. We have defense this hour." Blaise nodded from his seat beside Draco, "Yes, but we were summoned here not too long ago." "The Headmaster wants to speak with us about our behavior as of late," Draco sneered with his arms and legs crossed.

"Yes, I do boys. Harry, have a seat," Dumbledore said gravely.

"You behavior was irresponsible and completely reprehensible, and as such you must be duly punished. I have no wish to inform the Ministry about this, and have another one of the ministry officials taking up residence in my castle, so I cannot inform them about the outside help you all commandeered for this reckless and thoughtless behavior." Harry sighed quietly and relaxed just a little. He didn't like Dumbledore's tone, and this was his first time seeing the Headmaster since Blaise had told him that the old man had tried to turn Sirius out of the castle. Still, he was happy to know that Dumbledore wouldn't try to cause trouble for the Malfoys, the twins, Rabastan, or Bill.

"Your punishment is this," he continued, "one month's suspension."

"You cannot be serious," Draco exclaimed. Never before had a Malfoy been suspended from Hogwarts. "Mind your tongue young man," McGonagall chastised. Dumbledore shook his head sadly,

"I am afraid I am quite serious," he informed them. This was completely unbelievable. Harry didn't even know that a student could be suspended from Hogwarts; it was unheard of.