03

Amari Jones

"But he's in a coma"
Those words replay in my head before I start crying again and Mrs.Knight hugs me as she cry's as well "So, you all can go Home and come see him tomorrow he should be out of the coma soon" They say as they give us a sad smile and walk away.

"Come on guys let's go" Ariana says and we walk outside "You Wanna go to Destiny's House Mari" Mr.Knight asks and I nod

Skip when Amari gets home.....

I walk into our apartment and see Destiny watching TV "Hey si-" She pauses as she sees tear stains on my face "What's wrong" She asks worryingly and I break down into tears as she hugs me "He-He's" I stutter as I can't seem to get words out of my mouth.

"Calm down Mari, Tell me what happened" She wipes off my face with the pad of her thumb. "Zion had a seizure at a protest we were at and now he's in a coma because he hit head head to hard" I explain. "Oh no. I'm sorry" She says as she kisses my forehead.

"I have some news for you" Destiny says as we sit on the couch "I got a Job offer in Miami and I have to move away" She says and and my heart drops even more "What about me" I question and she responds "You can come with me or since I'm not leaving til after your 18th birthday you can have an apartment or stay here".

"I'll think about it" I say as I get up and walk upstairs into my room and strip from my clothes and put on One of his hoodies I stole. I shake out my curly Afro and put it in a bun and put on a bonnet, hoping it stays on. I lay down in bed and prepare my self for work tomorrow.

A week Later....

I'm so tired of My Job and the only reason I'm still here is cause I make bomb money. "Amari, Your off the clock we're closing early today" My Boss says and I quickly take off my apartment and grab my stuff from the Backroom and walk to the parking Lot.

I drive to the hospital on my way Zion, He's been in a coma for a week now and they said he should wake up this week. Once I pull into the hospital parking lot and walk inside I walk up to his room and see him still sleeping. I slowly place my things down.

I sit next to him on the couch and hold his hand "Come on Zion, please wake up. If you don't wake up I won't be able to tell you my secret" I softly smile but he doesn't even bulge "Zion, you can't leave me. I love you and I never go to admit my feelings to you" I say as a few tears drip down my face.

"I know you can't respond but you can hear me and I'm telling you I love you and always have Since 6th grade. Please don't leave, remover were supposed to go to Paris together" my voice cracks as I cry. I feel a squeeze on my hand and I look up and see him slowly open his eyes.

He looks around for a second confused on where he is then he looks at the Calendar and furrows his eyebrows in confusion. He looks me and gives me a look like 'Tell me what happened'. The doctors walk in "Oh your awake great" He smiles "Zion Knight, you had a seizure at a protest you were at and went into a coma a week ago" He explains to him and his mind takes a while processing what he's been told.

After a few minutes of him processing what had happened he looks at me and speaks up "I heard what you said" "And I want to tell you that I like you too. But I kinda don't wanna rush into it." He insured and I nod understanding. "So, how about we go on a few dates back to back and see where this goes" He suggests.

"I agree. I don't wanna rush anything and then ruin our friendship" I agree and he smiles. "So, when I get out of the hospital, I'm gonna take you on a date" He says as I hold his hand "Ok, well I gotta go, I'll see you later" I hug him and walk out the hospital. As soon as I get in the car, I call Isabelle and tell her and she wants me to meet her at the mall so, to the mall we go.

——————

I walk inside the mall with Isabelle by my side "I can't believe your Finally going on a date with Zion" She squealed "I mean I knew you two where meant for each other but still" and I quickly cut her off before she starts ranting. "Ok so, Let's look at dresses for when he gets out the hospital" I drag her into a dress store "What about this one" I hold up an White dress with a neck cross over "Nah, I'm thinking this one" She picks up an Pink dress that kinda Flows down onto the floor, off sleeves.

"Too classy, maybe for senior prom or something" I shrug. For 1 more hour we window shop threw them and we finally find the perfect one "This one is perfect" We say I'm allusion. We find a few more outfits just encase we go on a lot of dates. "Your total is $590.000" The Lady says and I give her my credit card. Like I said, I make good money working for these rich people.

"Now shoe shopping" Issy smiles and we walk into the school store next door and Isabelle spots something as soon as we walk in "Look at these, they look so pretty" She hands you a pair of red bottom heels. "Maybe, We're gonna spend so much money today" I sigh "Hey it's worth it if I get to be your maid of honor". She shrugs. "When you turn 18, are you gonna get your own place" Issy asks me and I nod "I mean I plan on getting my own place but we're gonna be in college".

——————

Right now I'm just now getting out the shower, I put on my silk pink robe before I plug in the blow dryer and start to blow dry my hair. Once it's dry I take off my robe and get dressed into one of the outfits that I bought today at the mall.

I'm so excited for this date! But knowing him he's probably gonna spend a lot of  money on me. Oh my flat iron. I quickly turn the heat down and spray some heat spray on my hair before I start to flat iron my hair. I swear one day I'm gonna burn this house down.

Once I finished my hair and my makeup I put on my heels and just as I finish putting them on I hear someone knock on the door. He's here! I look in the mirror and quickly walk downstairs and smooth out my pants before I answer the door. I watch as he admires me "You look beautiful" He grabs my hand and softly kisses it.

"These are for you" He hands me pink and red flowers "Thank you" I smile and he softly grabs my hand and leads me to his car and opens the door for me "Thx" I say and he runs over to his side and starts the car.

Let's get this date started

I'm starting to think if I want to make this a sad ending or not?!?! Please Vote🤍 Love, Angel🤍