Chapter 1

"Yeji, dear. I packed you some sandwich in case you get hungry."

Mrs. Hwang shouted from the kitchen. It was too early yet her mom woke her up reminding her that being early makes it a habit for you to continue doing for the rest of the school year.

"Okay. Thanks, mom."

Yeji went downstairs. Despite at a young age, she acts already like an elegant grown woman. One of the factors why she has a lot of admirers. Her delicate looks. And her outstanding reputation of being a top student. She's living her best middle school experience. She's got friends and supportive and loving parents.

She and her mother got inside the car. She knew it's going to rain later as the clouds were dark and gloomy.

She lazily gazed around the quiet street while sitting at the front seat of the car beside her mom. They live in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood which she appreciates a lot.

While gazing up ahead, she saw a long-haired girl walking all alone on the left side of the road with her earphones on. It was like, the girl doesn't care about the world and was too focused on her music.

She thought of giving the girl a ride since she thought that maybe they're gonna be schoolmates.

However, the girl went inside the public library. Yeji pouted sadly. Her mom bid goodbye.

It seems like Yeji is the only student roaming around the school. After all, their class starts at 8:00 and she arrived at 6:20. She explored the school, taking time to appreciate the peaceful surrounding.

As she was walking around the empty hallway, she heard a faint whistling. The same tune from the movie Kill Bill. She followed where the sound came from. She was indeed spooked but decides to put on a brave facade. She was slightly nervous and scared since she knew she was defenseless.

She cautiously tiptoed. The sound came from the garden and there...she saw the long-haired girl from earlier. The latter was sitting under a tree with her eyes closed and hands at the back of her head, used as a pillow.

Yeji sighed in relief knowing that it was her. Yeji, being the social butterfly that she is, went beside her.

The girl stopped whistling when she heard footsteps. She fluttered her eyes open then saw the beauty smiling warmly at her.

She got flustered and decides to sit straight. Yeji looked at her intently.

"Hi"

Ryujin mind and heart combusted. She never expected that the most popular girl in school would talk to someone like her. She was so flustered that she blurted out an unusual response.

"I love you too" Ryujin turned crimson red "I-umm I mean...I didn't-fudge, this is humiliating"

It was her first time talking to her yet those were the words that she managed to say. She sighed mentally for putting their first interaction into an awkward mess.

Yeji was caught off guard by the strange girl's statement. She burst out laughing thinking about the girl's silly statement.

"You're funny."

Yeji said while showing her smile that immediately tugged the long-haired girl's heartstrings.

"I am?"

Yeji looked at her skeptically. She was torn for two things. One is that she wished, she'd magically disappear for saying I love you too. Two is that, despite her awkward response, she managed to make Yeji laugh.

"I'm Yeji. Hwang Yeji."

Yeji reached out her hand to Ryujin. Ryujin stealthily wiped her sweaty hand onto her clothes before accepting Yeji hand.