Chapter 3

Yeji woke up feeling giddy. It was a bright sunny day for a Saturday. She's going to visit Ryujin place for the first time. It's been a month since they became friends. Although they barely hang out at school, Yeji made an effort to be at school early so her and Ryujin can spend time together.

She learned how goofy and fun Ryujin is to be with. Or how boyish she is. There was a time when she invited Ryujin to her place. Her mother took a liking at the silly girl. She may be silly and awkward but she's the sweetest and kindest girl that could melt your heart.

"I'll pick you up at 3, okay? And say hi to Ryujin for me." Her mom said "Oh and dont forget to give-"

"Okay, I got it. Relax mom."

Yeji chuckles at her mother's reaction.

"I'll get going then. Behave, okay? Take care now."

Yeji kissed her mom on the cheek then bid goodbye. She rang the doorbell then waited for a bit. She scanned her surrounding.

The house is simple and had a vintage style. A total opposite to her home. Her house was pretty much luxurious since her father is a rich businessman. However, she remains humble despite her social status.

The door swung open revealing an old lady who greeted her with a warm smile.

"Hello little lady, umm how may I help you?"

"Good morning, Maam. My name's Hwang Yeji. I'm a friend of your grand daughter, Ryujin."

"Good gracious! Wow! Come in."

The old lady exclaimed as she clasped her hands together in excitement.

Yeji returned her smile as she followed her inside. It reminded her of her grandparent's house. The warm and nostalgic feeling that relaxed her.

"You know, It's really great to finally meet you, dear. Now, I get to see the girl that made Ryujin more cheerful these days. She keeps talking about how lovely you are. And not to mention the fact that you're gorgeous."

Yeji blushed at her compliment. She suddenly remembers her mom's gift for Ryujin and her grandparents. Her mother learned how to cook mocha bread just for Ryujin ever since she learned Ryujin liking for mocha bread. Sometimes it made Yeji wonder if she was the real daughter but it did made her happy that they got along well.

"Mrs. Shin-"

"Oh shush. Call me Granny or Nana."

"Granny, Mom wanted to give you this."

Yeji said as she offered the food.

"Awe, why thank you, dear."

Granny happily accepts it then stands up.

"I'll put this in the kitchen. I think Ryujin is still asleep. I have to wake her up. She must've forgot that you were visiting."

"No..actually...I wanted to surprise her."

"Really?"

Granny raised her brow then smiled teasingly.

"Okay...why dont you wake her up? I bet she'll be up in a jiffy when she sees you."

Granny winked at her mischievously.

"Just go straight then turn left then you'll see a sign that says Ryujin room."

Yeji nodded excitedly.

She saw the sign and chuckles imagining how Ryujin focused on doodling this.

She carefully turns the knob then peeked. Ryujin was still sleeping. She sneakily went inside her room trying to contain her thrill and excitement.

She examined Ryujin room. It had a lot of different type of books on her shelf. Comics, novels, etc. It simply showed her childish side. She noticed the posters on the wall. Mainly about singers or bands from the 50's to 90's. Like The Temptations, The Beatles, BeeGees, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra etc.

She tiptoed her way to Ryujin bed. Then she saw her sleeping peacefully. For a minute, all Yeji could do was stare at the adorable sleeping Ryujin.

She was really glad to have found a friend like her. She poked the sleeping girl.

Ryujin suddenly grabs her wrist which startled her.

"Nana?"

She said groggily with her hoarse voice. She rolled on her bed like a cat then stretched not bothering to open her eyes.

"Hi, Ryujin."

Yeji said, giggling at the sight of her friend. Ryujin bolted up when she heard her voice.

"Y-yeji? What are you doing here?"

She asked, panicking. Meanwhile, Yeji layed comfortably on the mattress.

"Am I dreaming right now?"

Ryujin wondered as she sat on her bed. Yeji nodded. Ryujin was still in a sleepy state.

"Oh, okay."

She yawned then went back to bed. She layed down beside Yeji who was watching her in amusement.

She hugged Yeji tightly as if she was hugging her favorite stuff toy. With a smile on her face, she closed her eyes.

Yeji melted in their position. Surprisingly, she felt comfortable and protected with Ryujin arm around her. Ryujin warmth lulled her to sleep.

______

Ryujin slowly opens her eyes then blinked repeatedly. She just had the best dream. She was about to stretch her arms but froze when she felt someone clinging.

And that someone is Yeji. Her friend. Her crush.

Ryujin widened her eyes. All this time, she was sleeping with her crush in her arms. She wasn't dreaming at all.

Yeji was now awake which made her more nervous.

"Morning, sleepy head."

Yeji said groggily while rubbing her eyes.

"W-wait...w-what are you doing here?"

She asked panicking as she rolled away from the bed which made her fell.

Yeji laughed at her clumsiness.

"I wanted to give you a surprise visit. Granny told me to wake you up but-"

"But you fell asleep."

Ryujin finished for her. Yeji just smiled and nodded cutely.

Ryujin took a deep breath to calm herself down. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Just wait for me in the living room. I'll catch up after I take a shower."

Ryujin was about to go to the bathroom but then Yeji backhugged her which made her heart do backflips.

"Y-yeji," she stutters "I stink right now. I dont wanna itch your n-nose."

Yeji giggled then hugged her tightly while closing her eyes.

"I love your scent. It calms me."

Please dont make this hard for me to stop myself from falling for you.'

Ryujin thought to herself trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach. She bit her lips then carefully untangles Yeji arms around her.

She smiled softly at her pouting friend.

"You really are a clingy baby."

Yeji continued to pout then crossed her arms.

"I like it." Ryujin said as she walked towards the bathroom leaving a flustered Yeji. Before Ryujin went inside the bathroom, she whipped her head to see Yeji.