Chapter 7

Ryujin took a huge breath as she waits for Yeji. They were having a sleep-over. Ryujin was kinda nervous since it was her first sleep-over experience and it was with her crush. She hugged her backpack tightly when the door opened, revealing Mrs. Hwang who greeted her with a warm smile.

"Ryujin! You're finally here! come in."

Mrs. Hwang invited her as she opened the door wider. Ryujin bowed politely to Yeji mom then took off her shoes and placed them neatly on the shoe rack. She went inside their house and stood beside the couch. She, then, took off her jacket and placed her backpack on the couch. Suddenly, small pair of hands covered her eyes. Ryujin caught a whiff of the familiar fragrance. She heard a familiar cute giggle that makes her heart flutter.

"Yeji?"

Ryujin called as a warm smile formed on her lips. She slowly took off the hands covering her eyes then turned around and was greeted by Yeji

"Hey, Ryujin!"

Yeji suddenly clings in her arm making her stumble slightly. Ryujin pinched those cheeks then pats her head.

"Let's eat our dinner, now."

Yeji dragged Ryujin to the dining area while clinging to her as if never wanting to let her go. This action alone isn't new to Ryujin. She was getting used to Yeji clingy behavior and she treasures every moment they spent together dearly.

When they arrived at the table, Yeji dad arrived. He was exuding an intimidating aura and has the same eyes as Yeji. It made Ryujin feel uneasy and intimidated.

"Daddy!" Yeji hugged her father then led him towards Ryujin. "I want you to meet Shin Ryujin, my friend."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Hwang."

Ryujin bowed politely while trying to calm herself. She felt small under Mr. Hwang scrutinizing gaze.

"So....you're the one that makes my princess happier these days..."

Mr. Hwang smiled softly, completely opposite from his intimidating look earlier. However, hearing Mr. Hwang statement about her making Yeji happier, made her feel proud.

While eating their dinner, Ryujin never felt left out. Yeji parents were very warm and friendly to her. She sure knew why Yeji grew up to be a well-mannered and kind-hearted girl. Mrs. Hwang kept adding more food to her plate and she had no choice but to finish it up. Ryujin offered to help wash the dishes since it was her routine to always help out in doing household chores.

"Ryujin, dear, it's okay. I'll handle this." Mrs. Hwang then ruffled her hair which made Ryujin miss her mom. "Why don't you watch TV while waiting for Yeji to finish washing up..."

Ryujin nodded and made her way towards the living room then sat on the couch. She turned on the tv and watched Crayon Shin-chan while waiting for Yeji to finish washing up. Mr. Hwang sat beside Ryujin which made her slightly nervous.

"Ryujin, how're your parents?"

Mr. Hwang asked which made her confused for a moment as she never mentioned her parents to them.

"They're doing fine...and...they're kinda busy with their job in California which is why I stayed with my Grandparents."

Ryujin replied. Her parents may be busy but they try their best to communicate with her and younger sister, Ryujin, through calling every Saturday. Sometimes, she missed having her parents around but nevertheless, she understands their situation. She knew her parents were busy working hard to give her a comfortable life...and she knew staying away from them protects her from the issues that her parents constantly face.

"I actually know your parents. We were friends back in our teenage years."

Mr. Hwang shared then pursed his lips to a thin smile as his mind flashed memories from the past. In fact, he used to have feelings for Ryujin mom. He fell for her carefree and fun personality but he never told her knowing he was betrothed to Yeji mom. However, he learned to love his wife fully. He completely devoted his love and affection for her and his precious daughter.

"Really?"

Ryujin turned her attention to Mr. Hwang. Her eyes shining with curiosity which reminded Mr. Hwang of Ryujin dad. He chuckled then replied,

"Yeah...but I lost contact with them after high school. Good thing, I met you. You look a lot like your mom."

Ryujin smiled sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck. Suddenly, Yeji walked in, freshly dressed in her pink pajama.

"Sorry, I took too long."

Yeji plopped next to Ryujin as she dried her hair with the towel. For a moment, the way Ryujin gazed at Yeji, reminded Mr. Hwang of himself when he was in love with his best friend. He didn't mind with her daughter being together with a girl as long as she's happy but for now, he thinks Yeji is straight. He excused himself and went into the kitchen to help his wife giving the two some privacy. After all, he knew Ryujin is a good kid.

"Let's watch Cinderella."

Yeji suggested. Ryujin simply nodded in reply. She'd do anything to make her happy. While watching, Yeji grabbed Ryujin arm and wrapped it around herself. She nestled her head closer to the latter's neck.

Ryujin pulled her closer and wrapped her arm comfortably making the girl relax in contentment. Ryujin carefully glanced at her. She smiled, feeling her heart melt into a puddle at the sight of her friend. She poked Yeji cheek.

"You're like a baby right now."

Ryujin teased making Yeji pout like a baby. She playfully glared at Ryujin not minding how close their faces are.

"I'm not! In fact, I'm more like your mommy since I take care of you like caring for a baby."

Yeji said while sulking. Ryujin smiled amusingly at her as she listened to the tall girl.

Yeji hid herself on her best friend's neck. She wonders why she was so flustered at the latter's innocent response and why her heart was racing like a wild horse. She tells herself that maybe she just drank too much coffee.

"My baby Yeji~ Don't be shy. Don't hide your squishy cheeks. I love seeing them."

Ryujin covered then kissed the latter's head. Even she doesn't know where she got this confidence. Maybe, it's because she knew this action won't mean much to Yeji.

Little did she know..... Yeji loves it when Ryujin gets affectionate.