Chapter 15

A day from now, Ryujin and her grandparents will move back to California. Six days and a week ago, while she was in school, she tried her best not to feel heartbroken everytime Yeji avoids her. She misses her so much but she can't do anything if Yeji doesn't want anything to do with her. All she's left to do is yearn for time to go back and stop Yeji from reading the letter. She often wonders,

'How did she found out about the letter?'

'Did someone stole it from my bag and gave it to her?'

Her thoughts were interrupted when Lia spoke.

"So... Chaewon and I wondered if we could exchange numbers instead so that we can still be in contact with you."

Ryujin smiled warmly as she watched her two dear friends looking determined with their suggestion. It made her realize how one can learn to love someone in a platonic way.

Without a word, she pulled the two for a tight hug. She mumbled softly as she closed her eyes,

"I love you, guys. You're the bestest friends I never expected to have in my life."

Lia and Chaewon smiled at her words. They hugged her back. The two was always there for her when they knew about what happened between her and Yeji. Chaewon replied,

"We love you too, Ryujin. We'll always have your back no matter what."

After the trio's heartwarming moment, they hang out on the playground near the park. As they swung on the swing, Ryujin was spacing out. She wonders what could've happened if Yeji didn't knew about her feelings for her.

But then again, Lia and Chaewon would always remind her that maybe confessing to Yeji is for the best. They totally admired how brave Ryujin was to have courage and confess to Yeji despite knowing the consequence. That was the only thing that kept Ryujin a little optimistic. Maybe they're right. Maybe, confessing will help her move on and go to California without regretting not telling Yeji how she really feels.

"Ryujin, does Yeji know that you'll be leaving for California?"

Chaewon asked as she looked at Ryujin who was resting her elbows on her knees. Ryujin sighed and shook her head. She answers sadly,

"It doesn't matter. She doesn't want to talk to me. She hates me now."

Lia pouted as she played with her hair. She muttered under her breath,

"I really dont get it. I seriously thought she'd feel the same for you."

Chaewon puffed her cheeks as she kicked on the ground to sway the swing she was riding. She replied,

"Well, for starters...Yeji only said that she can't talk to you again, for a while...which probably meant that she'll talk to you again once she processes the fact that her bestfriend was in love with her. Maybe, she needed space for now."

Ryujin looked up at the cloudy sky then smiled at her Chaewon positivity. She glanced at her then replied bluntly,

"Won, she's literally avoiding me like I'm some kind of a vermin. Besides, I'll be fine as long as she's happy....and seeing her looking happier with her new friends along with Yeonjun is enough for me to leave without worries."

Lia clapped her hands like a proud mom as she said,

"Wow, you're hopelessly whipped for her despite her being the reason why your heart broke."

Chaewon chuckled teasingly as she wiggled her eyebrows at Ryujin. She said jokingly,

"Maybe, our little Ryujin is a masochist."