Chapter 2

~Sokka~

As Zuko recited his probably well rehearsed sob-story, I couldn't help but notice how far fetched it was.

"You think I'm going to believe that you're ono our side after almost a YEAR of you trying to kill us?!" I yelled, harshly jabbing him in the chest with my index finger.

His eyes slowly followed my finger but almost immediately, he looked back at us. Zuko's eyes where darting between Toph and my eyes in an almost conflicted way.

"...Yees?" he said, shuffling feet.

I honestly didn't even know how to respond to that because really, I didn't expect him to actually say that aloud. I looked over for a moment to Toph who whispered,

"Sokka, he's not lying. We should give him a chance,".

I sighed and nodded while untying Zuko.

"Fine, we're giving you a chance." I snapped at him, jerking him away from the pole.

He timidly nodded and brushed my hand off his forearm. Unconsciously, I started sweating a little. Oh, spirits. I didn't know I was still holding on to him. I blushed and saw Toph smirking to my right.

"WHAT?" I spat out, annoyed, but Toph just smiled wider.

"Nothing, I was just thinking." she calmly said back.

🗿TIME SKIP TO WHEN THEY GET TO THE REST OF THE GAANG🗿

~Toph~

By the time we got to Aang and Katara, I felt like heavily puking. They were staring at each other with these stupid lovey-dovey eyes and even both Sokka and Zuko were blushing by now. Maybe the four people weren't all doing these for the same reasons, but it was still uncomfortable to walk with theit times like these, I sometimes even wish that I couldn't earthbend and just had eyesight, JUST so I wouldn't have to feel this, but then again, being a better earthbender than all of them made me feel superior to them. Like I was good for something. I immediately felt the sudden urge to say that aloud.

"OY, TWINKLE-TOES!" I yelled, making sure they both heard me so I interrupted their weird straight mating session of quietly staring into each others eyes while siting on a dirty log full of moss and ants.

Both Aang and Katara jumped and quickly looked over at me, Katara most particularly with a very annoyed expression.

"DID YOU KNOW I'M A BETTER EARTHBENDER THAN YOU?" I yelled again.

"YES, I DID-- ALSO, SOMEONE'S FOLLOWING YOU AND SOKKA." Aang shouted back, taking a few seconds to process what he had just said.

His eyes bugged out as he just realized who exactly was actually 'following' them.

"I KNOW, HE'S WITH US." I was getting tired of shouting back and forth, so I just used earthbending to get us all there faster.

"Zuko, do your thing." I gestured to him as Katara and Aang's mouths dropped open.

"Are you sure?" he whisper shouted back to me but before he could have any more doubtful thoughts about it, I shoved him towards them.

He stumbled on the ground, ready to trip but composed himself before he could do so. Even though he fixed himself, nothing could hide his awkwardness and obvious  discomfort that was plastered on his face.