Chapter 6

The last chapter had 420 words haha (kill me now)

~Zuko~

Well, I sure did hope, I thought as I threw a blast of fire at a buff, bald guy with a tattooed forehead. But I guess god just didn't want me having a peaceful conversation for ONCE. I dramatically grunted and yelled "If you leave us alone I'll pay you double!" And I kid you not, Sparky Spa- I mean the assassin that I  hired didn't listen to me. "Stop!" I yelled again as he sent a blast towards me. Katara and Aang were confusedly trying to come up with a plan behind one of the houses while Toph was throwing rocks into the assassin's face. 

Of course she just had to miss, though. He was just too good at dodging flying boulders midair. What was Sokka doing?  I hurled another fire fist at him and jumped out of the way, just in time to miss a small explosion directed towards my body. The next moments happened so fast I could barely tell what was happening. Some sort of metal thing -I think it was Sokka's boomerang- hey, wasn't that the thing that gave me a concussion for weeks- whizzed past my head and disappeared into the sky.

Apparently that startled Assassin guy more than me and for a second, he stood there staring. Then it came. A sudden force crashed into the back of his skull, and he made the biggest explosion yet, face wrenching into a soundless scream. My head pounded in agony from the heat, sound, and smoke coming from the area. Assassin guy fell to the floor with a thunk, what was left of his body still smoking. I couldn't help but stare in shock. He was... dead.

I heard a rustling behind me as everyone walked up to me. I tried to open my mouth and look at Sokka, who was staring at the body with an terrified expression, but it was like my face was frozen. Everyone was just standing there quietly, aghast  that they had just killed a man so casually.

I flushed and fought back tears. Why should I mourn an assassin's death? I was a prince, for Agni's sake. 'A banished one, though. Being Ozai's son doesn't change anything about that.'  I pushed that thought to the back of my mind, ready to run away when the others realized what this meant. That I was a murderer. 

The gravity hit me for the first time.