2 ) A Thought In The Mist

SCENE II

SCENE II.
A THOUGHT IN THE MIST
give me warmth, please?

A THOUGHT IN THE MISTgive me warmth, please?

THE RAIN was no competition to Yerim. For someone like her who has every part of her heart reserved for nature and the environment, she amusingly despised it. She hated being cold. She hated the cold. She hated people who were. She hated the cold more than ever. It gives her unnecessary chills and frozen lips in which no one would definitely kiss nor speak with. And the rain was one factor of such temperature.

︎ ︎ ︎Correction, it was. The rain was a great foe of hers, but it always won against her.

︎ ︎ ︎Being left alone in the streets with no one to be with, Yerim felt cold. She felt it consuming her, swallowing her, drowning her and suffocating her within its frigid arms encircled around her bare neck. The clouds continued to pour its tears that night, not knowing about a latter who was once wandering in the streets, now remains seated upon the pavements, praying for the only warmth to caress her rather than the malevolent cold persisting to attack her but she was resilient. So suddenly, a prayer under the rain was then answered, and Yerim no longer felt the rain pour but the shadow of a person who stood forth, with an umbrella protecting them two.

︎ ︎ ︎"I can't believe I'm doing this." Groaned a familiar tone. "What are you even doing here? Don't you have a home to stay in? A family who awaits you? You know, those kinds of stuff?"

  ︎ ︎ ︎Wet and cold, Yerim looked up to the man who brought her clandestine prayers to life. The man who must be the very purpose of her existence in that dimension, her favorite character who she finally met that day. He, who was once only a figment of her wits, described by mere words written by a writer who had the wisdom for beautiful descriptions. To that very moment, she still could not believe what a blink of an eye could lead her to.

︎ ︎ ︎It's not that she hadn't expected for him to come, especially with the fact that she left him with a cliffhanger to ponder on and make him debate. It was a smart move, really. Yerim was proud of herself the sooner she realized her doings. It was, however, seemingly insignificant to throw a party over.