5 ) If She Was A Flower

SCENE V

SCENE V.
IF SHE WAS A FLOWER
they are what the
future needs, my child.

YANG JUNGWON knew a thing or two about flower language but never cared much about that knowledge

YANG JUNGWON knew a thing or two about flower language but never cared much about that knowledge. His mom was a true source of great influence that carried out the plantsman spirit within her son, him growing up, watching her mother as her hands were repeatedly dipped into nasty soil. To him, she was the best mother to have ever existed, but didn't quite understand why her mother took an interest in mundane things except planting. The modern world had every reason to manifest why such people could love plants.

︎ ︎ ︎"Alongside the youth and their knowledge, they are what the future needs, my child." Those words have always been his mother's answers whenever questioned about her love for the environment by his only son. Together with the warmth of her palm hovering on his head, cheeky smiles and giggles based on little touches, he reminisced those moments of them with a grin plastered on his lips, presently focused on the plants laid before him.

︎ ︎ ︎A pair of eyes flew around the flamboyance of the shop. Not to mention its fragrance and the flowers that dominated the population of that minuscule building. A youth in his dainty red apron and nametag stood forth the counter, incessantly smiling at the sight of customers congregating and contented with what they were seeing. Jungwon's tiny fingers landed on a packet of willow flower seeds, filling his mind to think whether the said item was worth buying or wasn't.

︎ ︎ ︎Willows were such beautiful species of flowers that painfully reminded him of his late mother. The memory of her loving them dearly was an image Jungwon could never erase from his head, though he wished he could, because the irreversible time was swiftly ticking for her and for those flowers they had taken care of. The sight of her carefully caressing them from the moment they were little seedlings and even until they were old, the voice of her telling him to water him only once a day- it all played in his head, reminding him how such flowers sealed a loving mother and son's relationship. They calmly died in his arms the same way his mother did, withering away with the most bittersweet goodbye.

︎ ︎ ︎"Oh, willows! What a lovely preference you have there, sir." The man in apron approached Jungwon and joyfully complimented. Jungwon could already say he was much of a sunshine. As he was about to thank him, the other interjected. "Willows are said to symbolize perpetuity and hope."