8 ) Sol

SCENE VII

SCENE VII.
SOL
sol is my favorite note.

SOLsol is my favorite note

"YOO."

︎ ︎ A lone voice lingered that night, coming from a balcony from across hers.

︎ ︎ "Yes?"

︎ ︎ "To you...." He paused. "What musical note am I?"

︎ ︎ Yerim placed her pen down upon the notebook, reciting all the notes in her head as she hummed along and mended her seating position. She was growing tired of squatting and after she shifted her position, she felt a familiar strong sensation flourishing from her legs she always hated.

︎ ︎ "Sol."

︎ ︎ Jungwon raised his brows. "What?"

︎ ︎ "Sol. You're a sol." Saying the note for the last time, she sang along.

︎ ︎ "Why?"

︎ ︎ Why? Even Yoo Yerim asked herself. For a year, Yerim hasn't played any musical instrument even though she loved to nor was she attending classes related to such, which quite explained why her memory of the notes wasn't exactly as accurate as she thought. She has only been involved in school journal activities as well as academic ones, which never once included the study of music. But in fact, she was correct. Her doubt merely conquered her, making her thoughts debate.

︎ ︎ Yet as she hummed one more time, it was sol that reminded her of Jungwon the most.

︎ ︎ "I don't know? Sol sounds like something— something that always sounds like it has a lot to learn about itself." Finally, she answered, simply saying everything she felt like is eligible for her mouth to say and her mind to compromise. "At the same time, sol is a joyful note, an eager note that's always ready to reach for la, ti, and do. Whenever I hear it, it makes me feel like the welcoming spring and summer are coming."

︎ ︎ "Oh." Jungwon looked away, either content or disrupted by her answer. He once again began humming the tunes he made up.

︎ ︎ "Also, I like Sol! Sol is my favorite note. You're my favorite character. See the resemblance?"