4 ) The Butterfly Effect

SCENE IV

SCENE IV.
THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
oh my butterfly, you still have
a lot coming your way before
you cause the ever-chaotic tornado.

IN MORNINGS where the mixture of nasty downpour would be seeping itself out of the sky's thick clouds, the household would be cuddled with icy air, and Jungwon would have only been sticking his eyes on the television with his controller found in b...

IN MORNINGS where the mixture of nasty downpour would be seeping itself out of the sky's thick clouds, the household would be cuddled with icy air, and Jungwon would have only been sticking his eyes on the television with his controller found in between his hands. That day, however, he wasn't. He was rather found in a trance as he faced her- Yoo Yerim- in her blabbering sessions where terminologies of various and unlinked words would blast out of her lips.

︎ ︎ ︎He swore he perceived snippets about galaxies, icebergs, scientific theories flowing out of her mouth like magma in a volcano's crater yet afterwards he would just nod like all these bits had already been glued all together when in fact, it only floated like molecular particles inside his brain. Not compact, just free and far from each other. At that point, there was no way those pieces would be pasted as one image. Jungwon couldn't imagine such possibilities. Although there were some aspects in her discussion that would have him nodding unironically, he felt like he was still a thousand light-years away from where was headed into- within the space of his own rapture.

︎ ︎ ︎"Seriously? How in the fucking world can making music save me?" He would stop her at some points, when her words would become suffocating for his auditory network. "I can't even with your absurdity anymore."

︎ ︎ ︎"It's called the butterfly effect, silly." Tilting forwards, Yerim giggled. "Ever heard of that?"

︎ ︎ ︎The butterfly effect. It was an old school topic he would use to write over, get called attention for and would still take the correct answer. Because he was merely an average student- not too smart, not too dumb- whose love for music was immense. Not exactly new to Jungwon's critical ears but it was an interesting topic to discuss with an individual despite his wrath over this subject. One thing he knew for sure, though.

︎ ︎ ︎"The theory that links even the most discrete variables to one another?" Airily, the man replied. "We call it the chaos theory."

︎ ︎ ︎Erase that. Two. There were two things he knew about it.