3 ) Willows Do Weep

SCENE III

SCENE III.
WILLOWS DO WEEP
mother, do willows
really weep?

WILLOWS DO WEEPmother, do willowsreally weep?

"8 HOURS is over. Now, you may vanish from this neighborhood and never return." Yerim was flustered with the fact that this statement was what welcomed her to such a cozy morning, testified by Jungwon who manifested not an indication of bliss from the tone heard outside the door of her very room. His voice was more guttural than usual, and the door was seen repeatedly moving back and forth with the blaring effect made on a wooden material. "If you don't respond within five counts, I won't hesitate barging in!"

︎ ︎ ︎From that moment, not a single muscle was movable from her, nor the eyes who had the ultimate urge to see the light of day. Jungwon commenced naming cardinal numbers sequentially with the interval of two seconds in between, and just when he was about to say five, he finally heard the woman's voice, muttering at such softness.

︎ ︎ ︎"What a shame." Fighting the weakness that hovered on every corner of her body, Yerim eventually stood and saw the light of the low sun all over the room. With this, the boy halted counting and the reckless knocking was once and for all stopped, peace obtained. The rain was no longer pouring, and yet he remained unconvinced. "Have I not earned at least a puny trust from you? Now, you're being arrogant."

  ︎ ︎ ︎She couldn't be a stalker with that audacious personality of hers, nor can she possibly be a psychic. Not once has she read my mind. Perhaps, she really is from another dimension. Jungwon was beginning to doubt again. Only this time, he was doubting himself.

︎ ︎ ︎"Considering the fact that you spent your entire 8 hours dozing off and did no persuasion, no. Thanks to you, I am now witnessing an existential crisis." He cynically replied, abruptly meeting her tired eyes as soon as the door was opened by her, revealing a bright lighting. This brightness startled Jungwon the most, who once was only facing a door to where the darkness of the corridors was reflected.

︎ ︎ ︎That morning, they stood as two neighbors to each other. One was looming in the light and the other, within the dark corridors. Being used to the murky hallway he was in, as the sun rose on Yerim and was manifested upon him, he was almost blinded, and could not regenerate normal eyesight for a little while.