Chapter 4: Visitors from High Up

(??? P.o.v.)

I was on the balcony of my family estate, holding my six year old daughter, Noelle. I've been thinking about the current relationship between the aristocrats and the commonwealth, that it should be a lot more friendly than what it was, because I believe that Clover Kingdom would be much more prosperous that way, even the current Wizard King agreed with me. Some time earlier, I heard about a commoner becoming a magic knight. They not only gave hope to other commoners who want to be magic knights, but also changed the way the order works, that the magic knights would be awarded solely according to the results they achieved in their work. That is what made me believe that the commonwealth are stronger than what royals and nobles think they are. Though I told my three older children: Nozel, Solid, and Nebra, to be kinder to them, they still look down on commoners. So, I decided that it might be a good idea for all of us to pay a visit to a village in the Forsaken Realm. I thought that it would be a good way for my children to get to know commoners better. I gathered them together and told them we were going on a trip to the Forsaken Realm. The three oldest groaned about it not being fun, but Noelle was excited that we were going somewhere. Solid asked, "Exactly, where in the Forsaken Realm did you have in mind, mother?" I replied, "We are going to Hage village, where the First Wizard King defeated the demon." Nozel, Solid, and Nebra were now all interested in going, and Noelle was even more enthusiastic about going.

(A/N: if any of you are wondering, at this point of the story, Nozel is 20, Solid is 9, and Nebra is 15.)

I used my steel magic to make chariot for all of us to ride in. We all got aboard and started flying toward the Forsaken Realm. After a couple hours of flying, we arrived at Hage. When we got there, Noelle tugged on my dress and said while pointing, "Mom, is that the demon from the legend?" I looked at where she was pointing and saw a massive skull with three eye sockets and two horns growing from the sides.

 When we got there, Noelle tugged on my dress and said while pointing, "Mom, is that the demon from the legend?" I looked at where she was pointing and saw a massive skull with three eye sockets and two horns growing from the sides

I answered, "Yes, dear, or what's left of it." It was my first time coming to Hage and I never expected the demon to have been that gigantic. All of us were impressed by the sheer size of the skull, and wondered how much power it would've taken to kill such a monster. We were snapped back to our senses when a voice came from behind us saying, "Excuse me?" We all turned around and saw a nun with teal colored eyes who appeared to be close Nozel's age. The nun asked, "Are all of you visiting our village?" I answered, "Yes, me and my children are hear from the capital." The nun replied, "The capital, then you're all royalty?!" She was surprised when she said that. I introduced us, "Yes, but you don't need to be so formal with us. My name is Acier Silva. These are my kids, Nozel, Nebra, Solid, and Noelle." She calmed down and said, "My name is Lily Aquaria, I'm the nun at the church here in Hage. It's pleasing and an honor to meet you all." The nun named Lily then asked, "If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose to visit our village?" I answered, "Well, I came here so my children can get a chance to know commoners better, and to see where the First Wizard King became a legend." She had a surprised look on her face, like she didn't expect royalty to want to know more about commoners. "Mother, I sense some powerful magic in that direction." Nozel said to me as he pointed. Lily replied, "Oh, that's probably Yuno you're sensing." "Yuno?" I asked. "Yes, he's an orphan at the church. He has so much mana, that many of the villagers call him the hope and pride of Hage." I got curious about what she said and asked, "Can we meet him?" Lily replied, "Yes, of course. Please follow me." She guided us to the church were she works, and saw that it was rather small. But, that wasn't surprising since people of the Forsaken Realm aren't know for their wealth. Lily opened the front door and called out, "Father, we have guests from the capital." A priest came out from the other room and said, "We do? That's a surprise." He walked up to us and introduced himself, "Pleasure to meet you all, I'm Orsi Orfai. I'm the priest of this church." I introduced myself and my children, and said, "Before you start, don't worry about talking formally to us. I'm not like other royals." I managed to keep him from freaking out. Lily told Orsi, "Nozel sensed Yuno from where I met them, and wanted to meet him." He replied, "I see. Well, he's in the woods out back training. He's really been working hard lately." I asked them, "How old is Yuno?" Lily answered, "6 years old, he'll be 7 next month." Noelle replied, "That's the same age as me." I said surprised, "He's training at such a young age? Why?" "He wants to get stronger so he can become the Wizard King." Nebra asked, "Why does he want to become the Wizard King? If he's training so early, it must mean quite a lot to him."  Lily and Orsi told us about Yuno's foster brother, Asta, who disappeared less than a month prior to our arrival. Noelle said, "That's very sad. His brother is missing with no answers to why." I also felt sorry for the boy. I asked for confirmation, "So, Yuno wants to be the Wizard King in order to find his lost brother?" Lily replied, "Not just that, he thinks Asta was training so he could become a magic knight, maybe even the Wizard King. But, since Asta was magicless he prob never would've made it. He's made it his goal to become the Wizard King for both him and Asta." I found Yuno's reasons humble and righteous. After hearing all of this, I decided that I would want to help him achieve his goal in the only way I could.