Chapter 22: Meeting the Kamado's

(Liebe's p.o.v.)

  Myself, Asta, and Haganezuka, who forged our swords, went inside the Butterfly Mansion to check out my new blade. After taking it out of the cloth, I was amazed by the sheathed Nichirin sword.

  Haganezuka said, "Draw it already. I'm really eager to see what color it will become." I asked, "Color?" Asta explained, "Yeah, a Nichirin sword's blade changes color depending on who owns it." I was surprised and interested in seeing it change color. I drew my sword and began inspecting the blade until I noticed the blade started changing color from the guard up. When it was finished, the back of the blade became jet black, while the edge was dyed in a hue of crimson red. I looked at Asta and the swordsmith and they were both intrigued by the color of my blade. "That is the first time I saw a sword turn red and black!! What a rare experience!!!" Haganezuka's reaction startled me and Asta. "I gotta say, seeing a sword change color right before my eyes was pretty cool." Asta nodded in agreement and said, "Yep, though do your best to take care of your sword. Haganezuka warned me when I first got mine that he would kill me if I broke it." I honestly couldn't feel fear, I mean, other devils make that old man seem like a harmless kitten. Regardless, I intended to take care of my blade.

  After talking a bit, the crow flew in and said, "Liebe! Asta! I bring you orders!" The both of us listened closely as it continued, "You must head to the capital of Heart Kingdom. Young girls have been vanishing every night. Each night, at least one of them vanishes. You both must find the demon responsible and destroy it. Liebe, this is your first assignment as a member of the Demon Slayer Corps, prepare yourself well!" We looked at each other and we both knew what we were thinking, 'let's arm up'." So we did and we both were ready, and wearing our uniforms. However, Asta asked a pretty obvious question, "Wait Liebe. No offense, but you can't walk around in public looking like that." I looked at myself and I knew what he meant. A devil walking around town in broad daylight would cause panic. I answered, "I got that covered.I learned a rather interesting trick while I was sealed in the five leaf grimoire."

(Asta's p.o.v.)

I watched as Liebe's wings, horns, and black markings shrank until they were no longer there, his eyes turned from red to orange yellow in color and his skin became more tan.

  I was absolutely in both shock and awe at what he just did in front of me. I said to him, "Whoa! You can do that?!" He explained, "Some devils are able to alter their anatomy and physiology. I figured that I would use that to conceal myself, after all devils stick out like sore thumbs in the human world." I was impressed by that and shocked at the kinds of things devils are able to do, but I put those thoughts in the back of my mind for the time being. "Anyway, let's get moving. We have a long journey ahead of us." Liebe nodded and we began walking to the capital of Heart Kingdom.

2 weeks later

Me and Liebe were still heading to Heart Kingdom's capital, and in the direction we're going, my old master, Sakonji Urokodaki's home. I figured that on the way, we would pay him a visit to see how he's doing. After all, Urokodaki was the one who made me who I am, I couldn't thank him enough.

  We were about to make camp when we heard something in the distance, it was a scream. We ran in the direction it came from and by the time we got there we saw two kids our age, a boy with dark red hair wearing a checkered haori and a girl with black hair, a pink, hemp leaf kimono, and a bamboo muzzle, fighting a demon. But, what we were curious about was the girl was a demon and yet she was protecting the boy and fighting the other demon. "Liebe, are you seeing this?" I asked him. "I am, but why would that demon girl protect the human?" I said, "Well, I say we talk to them and find out." He nodded and said, "Let me take care of the male demon, I need the exercise." I replied, "Go get him, pal." Liebe turned back to normal, drew his sword and rushed the kids attacker. Liebe got close enough and unleashed his attack.

  "Wind Breathing: First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!"

Liebe launched a continuous series of horizontal slashes as he charged at blinding speeds toward his foe, cutting it's head clean off. He stopped just feet away from the demon and turned to the boy and the demon girl. "Are you two alright?" The boy seemed scared by the sight of Liebe and the demon girl stood in front of him defensive. I walked towards them and said, "Relax you two, he's on our side!" They turned to me and the boy said, "What is he? I can tell from the smell he's not a demon, but he doesn't look friendly?" I said, "He's a devil who hates his own kind. If you're worried he'll hurt you, don't. He never cared about humans since he was a kid." The boy and girl seemed to calm down a bit. I said, "I'm Asta..." I pointed to Liebe and continued, "This is Liebe, we're Demon Slayers." The boy was surprised by that and he introduced himself and the girl, "I'm Tanjiro Kamado, this is my little sister, Nezuko. Thanks for saving us." I was surprised when he said that the girl was his sister, and it also gave me a clue as to why she protected him. "So, what are you two doing out here?" Liebe asked. Tanjiro replied, "I'm looking for a man named Sakonji Urokodaki." I was again surprised when he told me that he was looking for my teacher. "Oh, you're looking for Urokodaki?" He asked, "You know him?" "Of course, he's my teacher." A voice then said, "Asta, is that you?" I looked to where the voice came from and saw my old master standing there.