Chapter 27: Former Home

(Asta's p.o.v.)

Liebe, Sanemi, and Iguro were teasing me about Shinobu and Mitsuri for the entire trip to Hage village in Clover Kingdom, and I honestly didn't believe it. I mean, I didn't think I was that attractive, and Shinobu and Mitsuri seemed way out of my league, so I doubted they would want to be in a relationship with me. But, enough about that. We had just arrived in the outskirts of Hage, and I just put on my mask before we started walking towards the area where we would camp. The area I had in mind was in the forest on the other side of the village, so we had to go straight through.

As we were walking to our destination, Sanemi asked me, "Hey Asta, what the deal with that giant skull over there?" We stopped and looked at him and saw that he was pointing to the Demon Skull.

Iguro was looking at it in awe as he said, "That thing is massive!" I answered Sanemi's question, "That my friend, is all that remains of a giant demon that attack Clover centuries ago." My fellow Hashira looked at me and I told them the story, "About 500 years, a massive demon appeared and threatened to destroy the kingdom. It rained death and destruction to everything in sight. When all seemed lost, a lone mage stepped forward and took up the fight. After he succeeded in kill it the beast, the mage was hailed as the Wizard King, and his story became legend. Since then, the title of Wizard King had been passed down to the strongest magic knight in the kingdom, each one stronger than their predecessor." They seemed impressed by the fact that a mage was able to kill something that massive. "This first Wizard King must've been a powerful warrior, he might've been the only aristocrat that I could respect." Iguro stated. Then, suddenly a voice behind us replied, "I see that you aren't very found of aristocrats." We turned around and saw a woman with silver grey hair and purple eyes. She gave off an aura that only royal have, and it made me sick to my stomach.

Sanemi said to her, "It's not like they deserve respect in the first place." She was a bit hurt by his comment and she replied, "That's harsh, young man. And what do you mean by aristocrats don't deserve respect?" I answered for him, "Things such as trust, respect, and forgiveness aren't granted, they are earned, and aristocrats like you haven't done anything to earn it." She was more hurt and also surprised by what I said. "How did you know I was an aristocrat?" She asked. I replied, "You give off a presence that basically screams royalty." I turned to my friends and said, "Come on guys, let's get out of here before she starts preaching how great she is." They nodded and we all began walking to the forest.

Yes, I was being harsh with that royal, it seemed hypocritical considering that I accepted the hospitality of princess Loropechka in the past, but Loropechka was the only royal that I acknowledge and respect, because I could tell from her Ki that she genuinely cares about her people, unlike the majority of aristocrats in the world. Actually, I don't see Loropechka as a royal, rather as an ideal example of what a human being should be like. But, the silver haired royal we were just talking to, I could tell that she was offended by our remarks and I sensed a bit anger boiling up within her, so I knew that she was just like the majority of aristocrats.

(Acier's p.o.v.)

I was hurt by the remarks of those young men had about me and other aristocrats. As I watched them walk away, I couldn't help but wonder why do they hate royals and nobles so much. But, I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice say, "Acier, welcome back." I turned to see it was Sister Lily. She noticed that I was hurting and asked, "Are you okay, you look sad?" I explained what happened a moment prior and she replied, "That's horrible." "They're not wrong about most aristocrats, but to just label them all as trash is too cruel. They didn't even want to talk to me, they just condemn me and walked off. Still, it makes me wonder what happened to make them hate royals and nobles so much?". The both of us pondered over it for a moment before Lily said, "Well, let's not worry about that now. What brings you to Hage?" My mood started to change and I answered her question. "I came to visit you, and catch with an old friend." She smiled and said, "Let's head back to the church, and we can talk over tea." We did just that, and I was happy to talk to my old friend again. While we were talking, Lily brought up, "Oh, it's almost time for Yuno to receive his grimoire, isn't it?" I had just remembered that it was. "You're right, it's only two days away!" I replied. "This means that Yuno will be one step closer to his goal." I nodded. Knowing that Yuno will be able to start his quest for his lost brother soon, made me happy for him. "I know he will find Asta and bring him back home." Lily nodded and we continue chatting.

  (Asta's p.o.v.)

After another hour of walking, we arrived at our destination, an abandoned house by a creek deep in the woods. "So, this is our base camp?" Iguro asked. I replied, "Yeah, it was abandoned long ago, and no one comes near here anymore. Also, there's plenty of fresh water, and a stable source of food, and with shelter already available, it's a perfect place to set up a base camp." Sanemi stated, "Good thinking, Asta." With that, we started to settle in and rest from our long journey before getting to work.