Chapter 19: Devil Binding part 1

(Kagaya's p.o.v.)

After talking, Asta left to continue his training at the Butterfly Mansion. I went to my room to get my communicator so I could contact Nacht Faust. I found it, turned it on, and spoke into it, "Nacht, are you there old friend?" He responded, "Master Kagaya, it's good to hear your voice again." I replied, "Yours as well." Nacht asked, "To what do I owe the pleasure?" I explained to him about Asta and Liebe, and requested that he come and help release the young Devil. "I see, but are you sure that this Liebe can be trusted? Devils aren't exactly known for being friendly." He asked me. "Yes, Asta confirmed it from Liebe's Ki, and I'm sure you're aware that those you can read Ki cannot be lied to." He went silent for a few seconds before replying, "Very well, I'll come by tomorrow." I said, "Thank you, safe travels old friend." The call ended and I waited until the next day for Nacht to arrive.

  The next day, I had just finished eating lunch with my wife, Amane, when one of the Kakushi came to the door. "Excuse me Master, but Nacht Faust is at the front gate." I smiled and me and Amane got up and followed the Kakushi to the front gate, where my old friend was waiting. Once we walked out the front door, I saw a man with long black hair in a high ponytail, this was my friend Nacht.

 Once we walked out the front door, I saw a man with long black hair in a high ponytail, this was my friend Nacht

  "Thank you for coming, Nacht" I said with a smile as I reached out my hand. He replied, "I never turned down a request from a friend, it's good to see you again." He looked over at Amane and said, "Amane, you haven't changed a bit since I last saw you. How've you been?" She replied, "I've been doing quite well. Thank you for asking, Nacht." My friend nodded and asked, "So, where is this young Demon Slayer?" I answered, "He's training at the Butterfly Mansion, shall we go meet him?" He replied, "Yes, but let's walk there. I love the scenery here." I nodded and we began making our way to the Butterfly Mansion, escorted by the Kakushi.

Timeskip

We arrived at the front gate of the Butterfly Mansion, and we could hear someone say, "991...992...993..." I recognized the voice instantly. We all went inside and found Asta doing handstand push-ups with one hand. Closer to the front door of the mansion, we saw Kanae and her sister. I spoke up to get their attention, "I see that you're training hard, Asta." They all turned their gaze toward me. Asta pushed himself up and got on his feet, and all three bowed. "Good afternoon, Master." Asta greeted. I replied as I gestured to Nacht, "Good afternoon, my children. Asta, I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine." "You must be the new Devil Host Kagaya told me about. I'm the Vice Captain of the Clover Kingdom's Black Bulls squad, Nacht Faust. Pleasure to meet you." He introduced himself and Asta replied, "Pleasure is mine." Nacht said, "Now, why don't we get down to business. I was told that you wish to help the Devil in your grimoire gain the power to avenge his foster mother's murder?" Asta nodded and Nacht replied, "Are you certain that this devil is telling the truth? Their kind aren't know to have morals." I could understand his behavior, devils have been know for committing horrendous and unforgivable acts in the past, but one cannot lie to someone who can sense Ki. Asta responded to Nacht's statement, "I am. I have felt his pain and anger, and I can tell you with certainty that he is sincere." Nacht asked, "Why would you want to help him? You barely know your devil, you don't have any obligation to do so either, so why would you want to help someone who you hardly know?" 'That's a question that I would like answered as well.' I thought. It was actually a question I haven't yet asked myself. Asta replied, "Honestly, it's because he and I are a lot alike." Not just Nacht was surprised, Kanae, Shinobu, Amane, and myself were as well. Nacht asked, "You two are alike? What do you mean?" Asta explained, "We were both born without a single drop of magic power, we both were treated like we had no value in life, I was lucky to have met Urokodaki, thanks to him, I managed to gain the power to pursue my goal. Now, I want to help Liebe achieve his, that's why I want to help him." We all smiled at the grey haired boy, moved by the humble reasoning. Nacht responded, "I like you, kid. Alright, I'll help you set Liebe free." Asta smiled at him and said, "Thank you." Nacht nodded and replied, "Now, I'll take you to my former home so we can release Liebe." He looked the two sisters and continued, "Would you two like to come as well?" They both nodded and we all gathered around Nacht so he could take us to his old house. He activated his shadow magic and we were taken to his ancestral home.

  (Asta's p.o.v.)

We appeared outside an old house which I assumed to be Nacht's old house. He gestured us to follow him inside and we did. He lead us to a corner of the house and said,

"Shadow Magic: Dark Garden Invitation."

A dark shadow covered the entire floor of the room and we were all swallowing up by it. It spat us out in an underground room, with stone support pillars decorated with human skulls, and in the middle was a circular, stone platform. Nacht walked up to the platform and I asked, "What's with all the skulls?" He turned around, took off his cloak and replied, "The way we will free Liebe is with what is known as a Devil Binding Ritual, a forbidden ceremony and let's you make a formal contract with your devil. To perform this ritual, you need something that is connected to the devil you want to make a contract with. Usually, you'd use a relic like what I have. This will allow you to temporarily summon the devil into our world, but in your case, you want won't need one. Your grimoire, in fact you yourself have a unique and profound connection to Liebe. Under normal circumstances, this is a very dangerous form of forbidden magic. The Devil Binding Ritual requires you to fight a devil and win, but if you lose the devil will take over your body and turn you into a grotesque monster. If that were to happen, someone would have to kill you just to stop you. The skulls you see belong to those who failed the ritual. However, since you and Liebe have come to an understanding, you won't have to fight. Now, come up to the platform and step inside the circle." I walked up there and once I entered the circle, Nacht said, "Summon." As soon as he said that, black mist appeared all around me and out of my grimoire too. I looked in front of me and saw that Liebe was right there as a dark shadowy figure, but soon the darkness faded away and his face became clear. He had messy white hair, the whites of his eyes were pitch black and his eyes were red slits. He had two horns growing forward out the sides of his head. As for his size, he was about the same height as me.