Prologue Act I : Travelers From Beyond

Darkness. That's what it was. All pitch black, surrounded by the endless void of illusions. My head felt like it was set ablaze, constantly burning and vibrating like there's no tomorrow. Last thing I remembered was me, crossing the road, excitement flooding my mind like the innocent kid I was. Due to my skyrocketing joy that I forgot about the red light. And then, BAM! Truck-kun gave me a free isekai ticket, transfering my consciousness to who knows where. Now, as I fell down this empty space, I found myself seated so suddenly on some sort of ancient transport, in an opposite direction to someone.

"...Hey you, you're finally awake." Huh, deja vu. Wait a minute. This horse carriage, that guy... oh heck no. Not the memes! ANYTHING BUT THE MEMES!!!!

"AHHHHHH!!!" And with that, I bounced up like a compressed spring, panic and fear visible on my features.

'I'm at a beach...? It's so bright...' As I subconsciously search around my presumed new body, my right hand felt something rough, almost like a stick of some sort. When I glance down, it was some sort of a sword hilt, strapped securely into its scabbard on the sand near my hips. The design that it reassembles gave me some sort of deja vu from another game I used to play, and to confirm that strange feeling, I took another glance at the hilt, trying to pronounce the kanjis drawn into it.

"Uhh..." I tried my best to understand the remaining of those letters, because I don't know much Japanese and some details seems to have smeared over time, leaving behind a rough artifact for me to get a grip on. It took a while, but I finally got what these kanjis mean, as well as countless other... unpleasant memories from that game.

"Traveler! Paimon told you he was okay!" Wait... Traveler? Paimon? *gasps* EMERGENCY FOOODDDD!!!!

"Thank goodness..." I heard another male voice from the distance. That's... Aether? Wow. He sounds kinda young, even for a demi-god. But as I turn around, I gotta say... he looks even younger than me. And I'm like, 16 years old before I even met Truck-kun that night.

"Ahh?!! Stay away!" Due to my momentarily retardedness, I subconsciously unsheathed my new katana, not knowing anything about their abilities, nor did I know about mine. Paimon and Aether's expressions switch from confusion to panic and regret, respectively, upon seeing this, and I don't know why they would be this way.

"Look, I'm sorry that my sister removed your left arm... She thought you were an enemy and you were speaking some incoherent language..." The blondie whispered, sadness imbued in his words.

'Eh? Since when did Lumine chopped off my arm? I can still use-' As I raise my corresponding muscle to inspect once more, I realized it wasn't my natural limb. Instead, some metallic prosthesis was in its place, working perfectly as a new and improved counterpart.

That day, the forest of Mondstadt knew my frightened scream.

"Hey hey! It's alright! We got it replaced! Somehow..." Paimon spoke up, using that cute squeaky voice of hers to soothe my sudden lost. Though I stayed silent, Paimon's actions helped me a little bit. Dismemberment wasn't the most pleasant thing to experience. Heck, I'm surprised that I stayed alive! And yet, I can't avoid that wretched feeling in my guts. That same goddamn swirl in my stomach that appears whenever I feel... abandoned.

"Why... does every world hate me..?" I said out loud, implementing it so that those who were next to me knew what I said. I didn't want to hide my past from the trustworthy Traveler, as well as his traveling buddy. So, I figured that I should confess as soon as I can.

For the next few hours or so, I told them about what happened to me in my previous life. Me being isolated during my young age, both at school and at home. How my family fell apart. Moments when I was abused verbally and physically. Times I felt like I didn't matter at all. My scars, thoughts of death, the fatal accident... everything. At the time when I was done telling the story, I was greeted with a group hug from both of them. I felt a warm sensation in my chest, as well as some heat from my cheeks. But I didn't pay any mind and returned their embrace.