Chapter X : A Childe-ish Introduction

After setting off from Wangshu Inn towards Liyue, it didn't take long for Aether to discover another Statue of The Seven, specifically one that belongs to the Geo Archon, Morax. And just like last time, the blonde man gently puts his hand on the tall structure's surface, resonating with its flourishing power hidden beneath. 

"Did you just... feel the power of Geo?" The emergency food uttered in pure amazement, for she had never seen any entity that could wield the power of two separate elements. Well, except for two by now.

"Yeah, I think I just did." Aether replied in a surprisingly calm manner, as his gaze was locked on his own hand, which came in contact with Morax's statue. The blonde Viator could never understand what phenomena this world would bring to him, but he never questioned it anyways. 

"Yo, Aether! I see you've found the old blockhead's statue?" A black-haired young man casually ran towards him, behind said man were two other people, one with a poet-like costume and the other was wearing her traditional Inazuma kimono. 

"Ah, Nate, Venti and Makoto! Yes, we have! Is this really Morax?" Paimon responded cheerfully, all while pointing her little stubby fingers at a sculpture of the Geo Archon on top of the said statue. Nate chuckled as he began advancing in the direction of Paimon's fingers, reaching out his gloved hand to feel the cold, rough material that made this structure, letting a smile filled with nostalgia to appear on his face right after. 

"Mhm. He's one of, if not, the most knowledgeable and wise person I've met. Well, another is on par with him, that is. But let's not dive any deeper into tha-" The man was unintentionally cut off by a loud noise behind him, almost resembling the sound of something crashing into the ground. Looking at its source, what came into his vision was almost 3/4 of Venti's body, buried beneath what looks like a "giant meatball made from rocks", as per Paimon's words. 

"...Oh darn." Aether silently muttered under his breath, oblivious to the fact that he summoned an entire meteorite to fall on a literal deity. Makoto sweatdropped upon witnessing how easily her lover was crushed by the blonde Traveler, with Nate chiming in an awkward "well..." from another position. 

"Should we, uhh... do something?" He questioned the other two Archons, who merely looked at each other with a blank expression. Makoto nodded her head towards Nate, who kindly replied to her gesture with his casual smirk and a quick draw of his sword. Slashes after slashes were unleashed upon the object suffocating Venti to no avail, proving his Skyward Blade was indeed inferior compared to most of the weapons he used half a millennium back.

In fact, during his little performance, he actually made a crack on his brand new Mondstadt-originated sword, rendering it unusable for the time being. Letting out a sigh in frustration, the young Archon quickly draws out Ei's sword, knowing his friend's bladework is certainly far more efficient than whatever Wagner forged him. 

Within a blink of an eye, he bolted forwards and executed multiple powerful slashes on the meteor, stopping for merely a few seconds to slide back the katana into its rightful sheath, closing it shut. Right after the hilt touched its sheath, Aether's creation shattered into a million pieces, fragments of the once giant rock now scattered everywhere. 

(A/N : Imagine it like Vergil's Judgement Cut End.)

"Barbatos-san! Are you alright?" The violet-haired woman ran towards her poor bard, concern displayed in her gaze. Said poet let out a long streak of coughs, naturally caused by asphyxiation. Nonetheless, he sent her a weak nod, signaling to her that he was alright, as Makoto let out a relieving sigh.

"Aether! Just what were you thinking-!??" Venti's yell was filled to the brim with irritation, but unfortunately, the blonde Viator and his traveling partner were long gone, running endlessly towards Liyue Harbor. He can feel his own body quivering in anger, as he held the Harp in his hands tightly, only for it to unleash a ravaging storm in the form of an arrow right at Aether and Paimon.