Chapter VI : A Wanderer's Melody

"Hey, can we stop now? My legs are tired..." Venti whined weakly as he collapsed on the grassy field. They had been walking for eight hours straight ever since last night and as enduring Archons can be, their stamina is no better than what their vessel is.

"I can honestly say, I'm feeling older than 20..." Nate replied in a more tiresome manner, while supporting his own spine in a way that old people always do. Eula, on the other hand, sighed in annoyance as she had not intend to stop, since they're so close to Wangshu Inn. 

"Oh come on you whiny babies, our stop is just a few hundred meters away from us." She spoke up, her arms crossed in front of her chest frustratingly. How can their Archon and her boy- she meant partner, be this weak when it comes to endurance? Sadly for her, Nate seems to have misunderstood that as an insult, thus giving her a stern glare with his lips curled downwards. 

"No more cuddling until I say otherwise, Captain." He coldly said before picking up the Anemo Archon's drained body like a sack of potatoes to advance towards Wangshu Inn, squeezing a complaint from him due to the sudden change of position. Eula's expressions became vastly different in mere seconds, as she's now seen moping with shock and disbelief displayed on her features. It gave off a chibi-like vibe, and Nate always find that reaction adorable. But for the Lawrence girl, she knows he's serious once he started calling her 'Captain' again. 

"N-No more cuddly-wuddly...?" She gently squeaked, falling face-first onto the grass, as if her body was portraying her innermost emotions. Sometimes, he can't get why a strong, independent and prestigious woman like her can be gloomy like any other girl when he declines her request for him to hold her during nighttime. That alone drew a light chuckle out of the young man's lips, followed by a shake of his head. 

"You're so fun to tease." Nate reached out a hand for her to grab, and the Spindrift Knight gladly accepted his proposal. He didn't stop at that, though, as seconds later Eula was greeted with a small forehead kiss, though seeming like a small gesture out of affection, was still enough to make her heart flutter. 

'I'll make sure to pamper you tonight, darling...' He whispers seductively into her ear, nibbling on her earlobe for just a bit before drawing back, watching as his adorable Eula turns herself into a boiling teapot. 

"Argh! Vengeance will be mine!" She shouted in an embarrassed manner, pointing her thumb in the Pyro Archon's direction. Yet, this threatening gesture doesn't even affect him in the slightest bit. In fact, he allowed another challenging smirk to appear. 

"I've always enjoy your methods of extracting vengeance anyways." He said straightforwardly, not even daring to falter as he tends to be bolder when they're alone. His little teapot became even hotter, as more steam began to emit from her head. She truly is adorable, he'd thought. 

.

.

.

.

.

After making reservations with Veer Goldet, the trio decided to head upstairs to do a little sightseeing from one of Liyue's top hotels. Suddenly, Nate turned his head towards the bard besides him, asking if he can borrow his spare lyre, due to his had not yet arrived from Marjorie's souvenir shop. Venti was intrigued, but agreed nonetheless. 

"I feel like singing a bit. Will you two stay and listen?" He asked with sincerity, though a bit shyly because he hadn't sung in a while and his voice wasn't one that can rival professional singers, or even Barbara herself. 

"It truly had been a while, my friend. I guess that old blockhead can wait for another day." Venti chirped cheerfully, not paying any mind towards a certain person who looked as if they had seen remnants of their old past. Yet, he or she decided to stay out of sight in order to eavesdrop on their conversation.