Prologue Act II, Part I : Winds of Freedom

(Timeskip for about 2 weeks) 

After we were introduced to Jean properly a couple of days ago, she ordered us to go to Three of the Four Winds' Temples, and of course, you know how that happens. What's different, though, is that Eula volunteered to join us on our little excursion. And because of that, the Temples were dealt with quickly. They all got rewards from clearing out those temples, such as Aether - who got a replacement for that dull blade from before, Amber with a more flexible bow, etc... But for me? I don't care about those weapons, because I got my eyes on a certain orb, sitting in the pocket of an Abyss Mage.

"Honorary Knight? What did you find?" Kaeya came up behind me, asking out of nowhere. I was startled due to the unexpected question and quickly hid the recently-achieved trophy in my bag.

"I-It's nothing, Captain Kaeya! Uhm... shall we go?" I replied awkwardly with a stupid grin on my face, trying to feign my role of being innocent. He responded positively and went out of the Temple, followed by Aether, Amber, and lastly Eula, who gave me a final look before joining the crew. I stayed behind, inspecting the new trinket that I looted from a defeated Mage. I sensed movement behind me, all so suddenly. Yet, the only reaction I have was a disdain curve of my lips.

"You're a persistent one, huh? I guess I have underestimated you. A mistake I won't repeat." I replied curtly before summoning my katana out of thin air, performing a slash that knocked him back a little. I decided to test out a new technique that I learned from one of those texts. and began attacking so quickly that the only action visible was me sheathing the blade with a bright glint. Seconds later, dozens of wind-created slices reign upon the Mage, who desperately attempted but failed to form a Cryo shield, resulting in his death. Silence. Footsteps were heard. I sighed, knowing that I'll have more trouble on my plate. As I take out my blade once more...

CLANG!

In front of me, pinning his claymore on my thin katana, is none other than Diluc Ragvindr of the Dawn Winery, known for his position during the period of being a Favonius Knight as Jean's senpai. He had that hardened look imbued on his features, as always. I held the hilt tightly with both of my hands, panting as my right arm has started to become tired, while the prosthesis wasn't holding up well enough.

"Tadashi!" I heard a feminine voice echoing from the entrance hall, along with more footsteps. As I look behind, my gaze was greeted by silhouettes of Aether, Amber, and Eula. The three gasped upon seeing my supposed to be, duel with Diluc.

"Master Diluc! He isn't an enemy!" Amber yelled up, concern visible on her features. Aether growled while glaring intensely, sword ready to attack. Unfortunately, Diluc refused to move, instead even putting more strength to force me on my knees, thus making me grunt out of exhaustion.

"Stealing a Vision... you have some guts, kid." He snarled, whilst his facial expressions don't show anything significant, I saw seething rage beneath those scarlet eyes.

"Ngh... you must be mistaken... the Mage I just executed had that in his possession..."I gritted my teeth. Shallow and uneven air intakes interrupted my sentences multiple times. He seemed doubtful, but released me from his deadly grip nonetheless. I heard footsteps rushing towards us yet again, but it was just Aether, who was using his arms to support me from landing on the temple's cold ground.

"You okay, man?" Aether asked gently. Due to my lack of strength to speak, I simply nodded as an answer.

"We should head back to Mondstadt. Grand Master Jean would like a full report. Are you interested in joining us, Master Diluc?" Eula spoke out, her voice clear and strong. I wonder if it's just my used-to-be weak eyesight kicking in again, or did I see concern in her gaze?