CHAPTER-06: CHAI

Silence. Tha was what the entire set was filled with though there were people there. People who had to decide the break through of Karan and Tejasswi. Karan's hand was clenched while Tejasswi constantly was praying to her Ganapati Bappa. She despised herself for going with the flow. She could have stayed in her control, but no her blending into the scene and relating herself to Ramya Agarwal has made the casting crew not even look at the couple for a second.

After agonizing ticks and tocks the crew finally decided to end the discussion. They looked at the couple and the director came towards them. The glare that was there on the face was replaced by a smile and the phrase that left the director's mouth made both of them smile from ear to ear.

"Mike drop performance you guys."

The crowd rose to cheers and applauses and it was such a stardom moment for both of them. They could not control their tears. Except the emotion was because of happiness. For achieving something.

"You were incredible guys." The director voiced out every single person's thoughts. "It never looked like I was watching a scene. It looked as if I am seeing some couple actually break up. The impact you brought to that single scene. Oof. Was it me, or was it too good to be true? I really was skeptical about both of you slipping out of the script at a particular time, but the way you guys framed your dialogues made my writer's work so bland. I could not even look at the uniformly printed text when I had you guys putting life to the scene and soul to your dialogue delivery.It just melted my heart and the extent, you have no idea. I can assure you that. I never felt it was either Tejasswi or Karan in front of me. All I saw in front of me was Ramya Agarwal and Rithvik Bharadwaj and their story. Period. Anyone here who can deny can have a complete round of debate with me."

"Thank you." Both of them said together. They looked at each other. There was nothing but affirmation and gratitude in the two sets of eyes. They were too overwhelmed to even think about anything. Intense sorrow while performing the scene and heights of happiness immediately after made their brain numb. Too stoic to react.

"Come on guys, I really need to get the contract signed by you guys before someone else steals the both of you from me." They did not hesitate before following the director. After listening to the clauses and adding their suggestions and changing some bits and pieces of their contract, they were finally done for the day just the way the day was almost done as the brightness of the moon shone clearly through the window opposite to their seating. After knowing some general traits about their character and choosing their costume for the next day, they took leave from the set, to run back here within thirteen hours.

The moved towards Karan's car and throughout the short walk, it was entirely silent. Not an uncomfortable silence for sure. It was calm, with the sway of breeze making the air chilly enough to enjoy it but not too freezing enough to throw cuss words at it.

Tejassw felt nice. She felt happy. She was working and the career driven girl in her was satisfied. She loved the fruit after hardness and she definitely loved the hardships as well. She just wanted to whine of being tired, with a smile on her face, content that her time she's investing in is something worthwhile.

She then realised that she did not have her car.

"Shit."

Karan looked at her worried and a little bit anxious. His brows queered in confusion and instantly a wave of realization hit him that she did not have her car. He wanted to offer her a lift but before he could ask her, she started muuttering while dialing someone.

"Oh God, the one time I want Pra to pick my phone up, he disappears into thin air. What do I do now? My car would have reached Varun's home, thank god, I informed him. He has a date with Dhanya today so can't even disturb him."