CHAPTER 21 : HONESTY

Tejasswi was smitten as she entered Karan's room. The room was in a shade of brown, chestnut brown, oh, so similar to his eyes. The room screamed royalty and it screamed him. This room was his vibe.

It looked spotless. So clean. Definitely less messier than hers. Then again, to her defense, she just woke up. Although, there's no way her room would have not been messy , it would not have been this clean as well.

"Come on, let's go to the balcony." Karan ushered her inside. He was actually a little nervous. This girl was in his private space and it felt good? Yeah it felt good. He likes her there's no denial there. He just wishes that she would not judge him.

As Tejasswi entered the balcony, she sure was mesmerised. 

The balcony was nothing less than a realm of enchantment. The sky looks like a tapestry woven with threads of silver and obsidian. The air carried a gentle breeze, tinged with the earthy aroma of the surrounding hills, creating a symphony of senses; heightening the experience. The nocturnal sanctuary felt more surreal with the swing in the balcony. Those sliding doors that separated the room from the outside acted like a time portal separating two worlds and Tejaswi loved standing on the fantasy side of it.

Gentle breeze hit her face and the urge to sit on the swing increased in her. She sat there, losing herself in the moment. The swing's graceful movement mirrors the rhythm of the night, a pendulum between tranquility and awe.

The hills unfolded a vista which just was enthralling. Their contours were shrouded in a velvety darkness, saved for the silhouettes of trees that graced the landscape. A crescent moon perched low on the horizon, casting a delicate silver veil over the scene, as if the night itself is adorned with celestial jewellery. 

Above, the sky was an expansive canvas adorned with diamonds. Stars twinkled like scattered jewels, forming constellations that seem to tell stories of ancient myth and wonder. The soft chorus of crickets serenades the darkness, accompanied by the occasional hoot of an owl or the distant call of a night bird. Fireflies, like living stars, flicker and dance among the flora, adding their own enchanting melodies to the night's song.

"This is just like a dream." Tejasswi could not contain her awe. She would sell everything she had to own such a place.

"That's Chandigarh in a nutshell. Beautiful yet captivating." Karan smiled at her. He has been to this city so many times but not once was he excited like this. Not once was he calm like this. It was a new surge of emotions and he welcomed them in.

Tejasswi sipped her chai and it was really good. Man sure knew how to cook. She would never have dire situations, she could vouch for that.

She hummed with a satisfying nod.

"So, how is your life?" Tejasswi asked. That seemed so basic or unnecessary but she did.

Karan sighed, "It has been good I guess. The complaints I had now with life were way more. How is yours?"

"Mine is actually going good. With work and everything I'm swamped and that's something good."

Karan turned towards her. He still couldn't shake off the feeling that this girl was for him. This girl was the fit for him, she was the other half of him. The other half of the puzzle and he intended to make sure she realised the same.

"What is love for you?" Karan's question suddenly took Tejasswi aback.

"What kind of a question is this? Love is a feeling."

"That's it? Love is just a feeling for you? It's not a burst of emotions, calm and chaos and everything in between for you?"

Tejasswi gulped taking a sip of her chai for a pause. She was falling deep for the man but she just couldn't admit it straight up. She still has her trust issues with this man.