CHAPTER 12- CARE

When Tejasswi heard Karan's words, her heart froze. Literally. Not because of the words he said, it was because the way he said it. He was just behind her, her back was in contact with his torso. A chill ran down her spine which went unnoticed by Karan due to the excitement. He was eager to see his mother's interactions with her. And moreover he had bonded well enough with Pratik so talking to him made him a tad bit more excited.

He walked off leaving her in her daze until his brother came and shook her from the reverie of thoughts.

"What are you doing? Come upstairs."

Tejasswi looked at her brother. She saw that he was worried for her. Obviously he will be. She just slapped a girl for someone she was trying to be far away from? What kind of drama was happening in her life?

"Ganapati bappa, I wanted you to make my serials and shows dramatic not my life." She sighed dramatically. Ironically as such.

She went upstairs following her brother. She was welcomed by the smiling old lady who looked nothing but eager, enthusiastic and more than lovely to welcome the two of them.

"Thank you so much dear", the older woman cooed as she welcomed the younger girl in. "You really showed her the place she deserves."

Tejasswi blushed a shade of red and nodded in embarrassment. She wasn't very familiar with these praises but it made her knees jelly and a warmth spread her heart.

"No mention Aunty", she  smiled being modest.

Karan was looking at the encounter being absolutely amazed. The only thing missing in his hands was a bucket of popcorn which he would have ravished being extremely delighted looking at the pair of ladies.

"Oh, silly me, you must be hungry. Come for dinner and listen dear, before you say no, I am telling you that this is not a request. It's an order."She sternly ordered as she yelled, "Oy! Sunny! Come here. Bring the lad with you, We will have dinner."

They all had dinner. It was not quiet, like the way Teja used to it. A lot of communication vortexed around the house. While the ladies busied themselves with gossip of the latest fashion trends, cosmetics and other stuff the guys huffed argued and interacted in terms of cars and cricket. Stereotype as such but it was one of the best meals Tejasswi ever ate.

It was finally the time for the Wayangankars to leave. The were bidding their adeius' when Karan's mom dragged her to a corner.

"I really want to thank you so much dear girl" His mom had tears in her eyes as she continued, "Part of it was for what you did today but the most of it is for the fact that my kid is smiling like before. It was not the forced or far fetched smile. He was not smiling for the sake of it. His eyes twinkled and sparked. He had a longing look and a bright smile and both of it was directed towards you. He thinks I don't notice things but he is far from wrong. He doesn't know I notice everything about him. He doesn't know how much happy I am to see my one and only son smile like that and you but no-one else deserves the credit."

Tejasswi wanted to smile and tell something but nothing came out of her. She just nodded. It didn't need words. Sometimes silence did the job just as well and that's exactly what happened. She just nodded which was reciprocated by Karan's mom and then she left to her house.

Pratik insisted on driving and Tejasswi made no comments. The silence was deafening her. The noises in her mind had to be processed and channelising her thoughts were becoming important.

She had to accept that the crush she had on Karan was undeniable. Down the lane, she could feel that there was something he felt for her as well. Was a hardcore crush or a mild liking was something that was unaware for her, heck she was confused about her depth of feelings for him. Was there any way for her to find out? She actually didn't know. She was waiting to find out.