CHAPTER 16-CONVINCE

Karan was flabbergasted. 

His career was at stake now??? What's all this? 

One news. That was all it took to bring him down.

He looked around to see everyone with a sullen face. Everyone was sad. It was not his dream that was getting crushed. Every artist was going down with him. From the director to the producer to the make up artists to the spot boys even.

His heart was in his mouth. He didn't want to care about it but he did. He didn't want to feel more pain than he was already feeling yet he did. He wanted something better to happen in his life yet it didn't. Everything he'd aspired for was biting the dust. The dreamy days he spent was just some memories he could have treasured at the back of his mind. 

He wasn't lucky enough to live them for the longest of time. Fate didn't let him.

He walked out with tears gushing out of his eyes. Tejasswi saw him and wanted to run behind him but she stopped herself. It was better for him to deal with it alone as well as it was for her.

She knew how much this show meant to him. She knew how much it meant to her. This was supposed to be her biggest break. One stupid rumour was needed to break everything. Crumble and crush her castle of dreams.

Days weren't easy for her. It had been three days since she had a proper conversation with anyone. It didn't matter for her but not talking with him hurt her. Even more. 

The worst was she knew how he felt about her. The same way she did. Still she couldn't reciprocate it. It hurt her. It broke her.

People could think that she wasn't mature enough to take such a decision but she knew how tough it was. She placed a stone on her beating heart. Her heart froze as she said those things to him. 

She was breaking down with every single word she said but she knew whatever she did was the right and the best thing.

She wasn't right. She wasn't wrong either. She thought about herself. She wanted herself to have a better future which she couldn't see with him or any celebrity. Especially not with Karan.

She didn't miss the look of disappointment her mother temporarily had which vanished as quickly as it came. She didn't miss the fear in her father's quivering voice. She didn't miss the way she felt. It was a testing time for herself. A reality check. She was living in an illusion. If she couldn't trust him, then on what basis could she actually build a relationship?

She would need time. To accept him. To have him near her but that how long would that last? Before another scandal shows up. The world of rainbows and unicorns would be smeared and smashed. 

There wouldn't be a trace left. 

For him to fight for. For her to hold onto.

It was a trauma for her too. Every second was an agonizing moment for her. Waiting for her to get over him. Waiting for the time when her own decisions didn't hurt her but unfortunately it wasn't possible. It hurt her more.

She just was so upset to even think about things and that's exactly she had to stop. But it's so hard. Brain is sometimes so weird and mysterious. The things that you don't want to remember are the things that kind of get etched in those deepest darkest inches as memories. It hurts. Even moderately thinking about it hurts.   

She just shut her thoughts. Once again. She was learning that skill and with Karan Kundrra in her life, she knew, she had to master it before it was all she could think about. She didn't even realise in that moment, he was all she could think about.

She walked to her vanity in sheer disappointment. So much of their shooting had been done. It was such a humongous opportunity for her. She had been having her insecurities ever since her marathi movie was taking ages to release, now this. God she needed a break.