Chapter 3

Casey felt the hands wrapping around her throat and stopping the air from getting to her lungs. She gasped and sputtered as tears sprung to her eyes. His hand felt up and down her left arm almost as if he was trying to hush her. His hands slowly groped her body as she struggled breathless against the wall.

"Stop .....please" Casey managed to gasp as he clenched her neck and whispered harsh insensitive words in her ear.

He ripped off the skirt that hung on her hips and then took the lacy underwear between his fingers and stretched them to their limit. Casey whimpered as the fabric scraped her skin, breaking at the seams. She clenched her eyes shut and held back a sob that was struggling to make its voice as she heard her violator unzip his pants. His hand roughly held her hips in place and she knew it would leave yet another bruise.

"You're worth nothing." His voice snarled in her ear.

**** 

Casey woke up gasping for air and clutching her neck. Tears streamed down her face as she escaped her nightmare. She hadn't had one of those in a long time and hoped it wasn't going to be recurring once again.

She sat up and picked up her phone and started scrolling aimlessly through her twitter before throwing it back under her pillow and groaning. The dreams just made her remember what happen and how helpless she was.

"Casey, sweetheart, a friend of yours is at your door." Casey's mother called through the door.

"What?" Casey threw the covers off and ran to her bedside mirror to make sure she didn't have horrible bed head before opening her door.

"Friends?" Casey asked before walking past her mother to the door. In the doorway stood the brown haired Ethan.

"I figured you could use some of those...friends." Ethan smirked as she walked toward him in her long black oversized t-shirt that her dad used to own before he passed on.

She wore it to keep him close to her for protection from her dreams. It seemed to calm her.

"And what the hell makes you think I need those?" She pursed her lips and leaned on the doorway crossing her arms.

"I wouldn't want a pretty girl like you running around with no friends." Ethan flirted and it caused a small giggle from Casey's lips.

"What do you have in mind? Before I completely regret talking to you?" Casey asked putting on her bitchy attitude again.

"A party tonight. It's at a friend of mines..." Ethan smiled. "You wanna come?"

"Yeah whatever." Casey rolled her eyes. "Text me the address."

With that, Casey shut the door and leaned against it; her mother raised an eyebrow. Casey just shook her head not wishing to start fighting over whether or not her mother 'approved' of her friends.

"Casey do you really think you should go out with that boy? You've only just met him!" Her mom began.

Wordlessly, Casey walked down the hallway toward her room.

"Casey, you cannot just walk away from me!" Her mother followed her into the bedroom.

"Mom, please. Just don't fucking act like you know me or my friends. I don't ever question all those men who come in late and leave early." Casey said calmly with attitude striking a nerve.

"Case, you're being unfair." Her mother gasped.

"Am I, mom? Am I? Because ever since dad died, you have whored it up alright. Besides, it was one of those dick-chins who hurt me...so don't tell me what to do." With that Casey grabbed her makeup case and walked from the bedroom.  

***

Casey pulled up to the address that Ethan had texted to her earlier. He had offered to pick her up but she had declined knowing she didn't want to feel any obligation to further 'befriend ' him. Boys were only good as toys and nothing more. Any act of weakness made a woman easier to break.

Casey got out of her car and hitched her crimson red dress a tad higher showing off more of her legs. After those horrible nightmares , a party was what she needed to let loose and be in complete control. A feeling she had resisted for a while. So, she put on her tightest, most provocative dress, added a bit of edge with her leather jacket, netted tights and her signature ripped up Converse.

She walked to the front door and opened it, hearing the music and knowing the party was already in full motion. Her eyes searched the front room for any sign of Ethan but to no avail. She wondered how it was that when you actually needed them, men always let you down.

"Hello there, don't think I have met you before?" A blonde, lanky boy tapped Casey's shoulder. By the looks of him, she knew he would be easy prey to start off the night.

"Mmmm, I don't think I know you either....but I would love to..." Casey took one of her freshly painted nails and traced his jaw line before whispering in his ear "I'm Casey"

"Travis." The boy managed, and she held back the smirk she so desperately wanted to show.

Before the poor victim knew what had him, Casey's lips preoccupied his and sent chills down his spine. She was like something he had never experienced before. Everything a man had ever dreamed of was in her ability to kiss.

She pulled back from him and smiled cunningly.

"It was nice to meet you Travis. Do you know where the drinks are, sweetheart?" Casey asked, her voice sweetly intoxicating.

Travis nodded still stunned and pointed toward the kitchen at the back of the house.

Casey kissed his cheek letting her hand rest on his chest a tad longer before disappearing into the abyss of people. She felt the power of control surging through her, even without the alcohol she knew she would have them lapping out of her hand. She promised herself she would never be a victim again. So she just had to play the harlot to be in control.

"There you are!" Ethan said causing Casey to defer from her trail toward the drinks.

"Hello there." Casey stated refusing to smile at him.

"Here." Ethan handed her a drink, "Vodka tonic."

"Mmm just the thing I need." Casey said downing the drink as if it was water. Ethan raised an eyebrow completely impressed. "Pent up frustration."

"I can tell." He chuckled.

"Sorry about this morning. I'm not really a people person. So don't be offended." Casey said sarcastically making Ethan unsure if she was serious in her apology.

Casey's eye caught the door opening in the front room and a tall curly haired boy appeared. The upper half of his arm was covered in tattoos and a loose chain dangled around his neck. For a second Casey forgot where she was.

"I'm a big boy, I get it."Ethan nodded pulling her attention back to him.

"Hell ya you're a big boy!" Casey smirked before grabbing his arm slightly. "Ethan, do you still think I'm hot?"

"Yeah..." Ethan said slowly waiting for her to stop him as he leaned in to her.

"Kiss me," she whispered her eyes never leaving the figure behind Ethan.

Ethan's lips captured hers and for the first time she didn't lose herself in the kiss. In fact she had never been so disinterested in a kiss before. Because her attention continued to be on the intriguing figure across the room. Ethan's body forced her against a wall and his lips moved to her neck, Casey barely moving her head to the right to make room for his impending love marks. Her eyes trained on the man who captured her eye.

All she knew was she wanted him.