Chapter 13

“Harry, stop,” Casey said with a chuckle as he ignored her protests and burrowed his head further into the base of her neck, his curls arousing goose bumps as they tickled her skin.  She placed both hands on either of his shoulders and mustered up all the strength her arms would allow in an attempt to free herself as he began kissing her flesh.  Her stomach flopped, an unspeakable and wonderful nervousness filled her body; every inch of her relishing in his electrifying touch.  She let her head fall backwards as the warmth of his tongue slipped from between his lips and prodded at the tender area between her collarbone and the base of her neck.  Casey felt her fingers tighten on his shoulders as his name rolled off her tongue in the form of a whisper.  He pulled away finally and examined the pink mark he had left on her alabaster complexion.

                “Well, would you look at that,” Harry jested as Casey succeeded in pushing his face away from her neck.

                “Harry, what supposed to say when my mom sees this?” Casey shook her head smiling, “She thinks I am here alone while she is away.”

                “You will just have to explain to her that I can’t seem to keep my hands off of you,” he said, scooting closer.  Casey backed away from him until she was interrupted by the arm of the couch.  Something about the way he touched her brought about an overwhelming satisfaction; it was in the way the breath was knocked out of her completely when his fingers would brush up against her wrist, or the way her heart clamored when he placed his hand on her face whilst he kissed her tenderly.  There hadn’t ever been any lustful intentions in his affection.  But the way he touched her was irrevocably intoxicating, and she found herself craving more.

                “You’re going to have to tell her about us sooner or later,” their faces were centimeters apart, and the only thing Casey could manage to stare at was the pinkness of his lips.  His seemingly aphotic eyes mesmerized and captivated her; she could only find the will power to stare at them for so long without feeling the need to rip the clothes from his body.

                “Stop tempting me,” Casey whispered back, biting her lip seductively.

                Harry grinned and then leaned close enough to feel her breath, but not fully make contact with her lips.  Casey wiggled underneath him, detesting the games he was playing.

                He twitched slightly, teasing her yet again as his lips meandered to her ear, “I’m serious.”

                Casey shut her eyes and stepped bad from him. She knew it was a conversation she had to have, but one she wasn’t looking forward too. Her mother wasn’t the sort of woman to readily welcome a man into her house as a concrete member. Ever since Casey’s dad passed away, her mother felt that stable relationships and ‘love’ was exasperating. Even the idea of love was unmentionable and scoffed at. To bring up Casey’s now austere intimacy involving Harry with her negatively minded mother would simply result in discrepancy. Casey didn’t know how to convey her anxiety induced procrastination to Harry.

                “She doesn’t believe in a serious committed relationship.” Casey said in between pauses.

                Sensing her uneasiness Harry chose to break the ice. “Is that what we are?”  

                She shrugged not willing to admit her inexperience with boys. Not that she was sexually innocent, but instead had never had a true relationship with one to whom she could see a prominent future involving. Harry’s hand reached out and pulled her head toward him, locking her emotionless lips to his.