Forever

Her mouth dropped open, turning into a big smile. Xingqiu's mom always had a soft spot for Chongyun, since he didn't have much family. She slid her feet into a pair of sandals and ran over to the dining room.
"Chongyun!" His mom walked over to him and gave him a long hug. "Hi Miss." He smiled, returning the hug. She separated, "How long has it been since you came? And when are you leaving?! Ohmy--- You're so tall! Xingqiu come over here!" She couldn't stop talking, like always. "Coming.." Xingqiu walked over. His mom pulled his hand and placed him right next to Chongyun. "Uhm??" Xingqiu questioned. "Wow, and I thought Xingqiu was tall!" His mom laughed. "Hey!" Xingqiu stomped off to the kitchen area. You could hear Xiangling's giggles. Chongyun smirked, "Well, I'm not that tall. A few of my friends are taller. Well, back in the old town." "Ah right! When are you leaving?" His mom asked again. "Huh? Umm, I don't know? Maybe when I'm done with college?" "What? But your college is in your old town no? Don't you have to go back?" She had quite a confused look on her face. "I go to university here though?" He laughed. "Which one." She interrogated him. As he was about to respond, he noticed Xingqiu mouthing "no" behind his mom, crossing his arms and everything. He smirked, he couldn't lie to Xingqiu's mom. "JLK!" His mom turned around before Chongyun could even finish. "Xingqiu.." She started. He looked so scared. "You should have told me! God. Let's just eat and catch up on old times." She sat down at the already set dinner table.
     They sat and ate for quite a while. "Ah, I remember the day we left." His mom started, Xingqiu knew where this was headed. She smiled, "You know, Chongyun. Xingqiu cried like cr---" Xingqiu sprung up, interrupting her. "Don't tell him!" His face was flushed with embarrassment. Xiangling laughed, "You forgot your ring! Stupid." She teased Yun. "Ah.." Chongyun put his hand over his face, to be honest, Chongyun had also cried after realizing. Maybe his face was also a little red. "Do you still have them?" Yun asked him, still looking downward. "Of course not," Xingqiu sat back down, "That was in elementary, like, 10 years ago." His mom smiled, "I've been waiting for this day. Excuse me for a sec!" She stood from her chair.
"So, Xiangling." Chongyun ruffled her hair, "How's highschool? You're in sophomore year right?" Xiangling giggled, "All good. It's way more stressful this year though." "Yeah, I get that. But enjoy it!" Chongyun smiled. "Howd you even manage to get into JLK?" Xingqiu commented, accidentally sounding a little rude. "Ah, scholarship." He smiled. "But were you even that smart to begin with? I remember my brother always having to tutor you when we were kids." Xiangling laughed at him. Yun rolled his eyes, "Sure, Qiu was smarter than me then, but we were just kids. I definitely focus more on my studies now." Xingqiu paused for a second, it had been quite some time since someone had called him Qiu. Well, since Chongyun had called him that.      
      "Alright!!" His mom sung into the room, handing both of them the boxes. Chongyun stared at it, "So, you did keep them?" He opened the box, Xiangling peeking at whats inside. It was definitely the same ring. "Of course I kept them! Try them on!" His mom smiled. Chongyun took the ring out of the box and tried fitting it on each of his fingers. It fit perfectly on his ring finger. "Ha.." He laughed, "I remember when this could only fit on my thumb. What about you, Xingqiu?" Chongyun turned to look at him with a smile on his face. "Ah.." Xingqiu stared at him, he quickly turned to the box and fit his ring on his finger, "Yeah, it fits." He stared at the ring, his cheeks getting slightly pink. Chongyun was back to calling him Xingqiu.