{Chapter 12}

Once Hagakure bought her things, she went off into another store. It didn't look all that interesting to you, so you didn't go with her. Instead, you decided to wander a bit. After a few minutes, you caught sight of Mina. She was pretty easy to spot. She stood out in a crowd. You walked towards the store she was in. She seemed to be trying on clothes.

You walked into the store, figuring you'd give Mina a little surprise. You went behind her. "Whatcha doing?" You asked, peering over her shoulder. She jumped a little, turning around. "(Y/N)! When did you get here?" She was excited to see you, yes, but also embarrassed at the thought of you watching her fawn over clothes.

You smiled. "Not long, don't worry." You answered happily. Mina had a way of brightening the moods of those around her. "Well, in that case- do you want to help me out? I can't pick which color to get." You noticed the different shirts in her arms. One was light blue, and the other was a soft yellow. "They're both pretty, but I just can't choose." She frowned, holding both up to herself. You looked at both of the colors in turn.

"Well, the yellow matches your eyes, but the blue pops more. Both look nice, though, so it's really up to you." You answered. You favored the blue since the yellow looked sort of plain, but you didn't want to tell Mina what to pick. She looked in one of the nearby mirrors. "Mm, you're right. The blue looks better." She said decisively, putting the yellow shirt back on the rack it came from.

Mina seemed satisfied with her choice, going up to the counter and paying for the shirt. She went back up to you afterward. "Thanks for the help. Did you wanna hang out for a bit?" Her cheery demeanor was hard to say no to. That, and you didn't know where anyone else was. "Yeah, sure! Where did you want to go?" You replied, excited to hang out with her.

Mina thought about it for a moment, unsure. "I saw a cute cafe by the food court. We should go there!" She said, smiling. You didn't have any issues with that idea. "Yeah, sure. That sounds nice." You answered, gesturing for her to lead the way. She happily did so, taking hold of your hand and taking you along.

The walk to the cafe was short. It was a cute and quaint little place. You figured it was a small business, or something of the sort. Mina led you inside, where the two of you saw a familiar face. "Tsu!" Mina exclaimed, running over and dragging you along with her. Tsu was sitting at one of the tables in the corner, holding a warm drink with two hands. "Oh- Mina, (Y/N), what are you doing here?" She asked, looking over at the two of you.

Mina seemed happy to see her friend. "(Y/N) and I were just going to hang out. We didn't expect to see you here!" She answered, sitting down across from Tsu. You sat down beside Mina, getting the hint. "Oh- well, I've been here since Ochako left me to go to the sweets shop. It's pretty nice, actually. Very cozy." Tsu explained, smiling softly. She seemed content.

The three of you talked for a while. The conversation didn't really have one set subject, going all over the place. From school, to your guys' futures, to what shows everyone watched, and all sorts of other things. After about half an hour, you were starting to get bored. Not because you didn't like them or anything, but just because you'd run out of things to talk about.

"I actually have some other shopping I have to get done, is it alright if I go?" Tsu asked, looking down at her now empty cup. Mina nodded. "Yeah, of course. I'm probably gonna stay here for a little while, so neither of you have to stay." She answered, seeming pretty laid-back against the situation. You felt a little sense of relief. It wasn't that you didn't enjoy spending time with Mina, you very much did, but you also wanted to spend some time with Tsu.

"If that's the case- Tsu, do you mind if I join you?" You asked, looking up at her. Tsu shook her head. "Not at all, the company would be nice." She replied, a soft smile present on her face. You got up, turning around to Mina. "See you later!" You said, giving her a small wave. She smiled in return. "Yeah, see you later, (Y/N)!" She seemed cheery. You were glad that she wasn't upset you were leaving.

You and Tsu walked out of the cafe. "So, what do you still have to get?" You inquired, leaning forward a bit as you walked so you could see her face. Her gaze turned to you for a moment, before going back in front of her so she could see where she was going. "I wanted to get some plants to decorate my room with. I figured you would help with that." She answered, leading you to a small plant shop on the second story of the mall. Well, she had certainly picked the right person to go with.

The shop felt a little cramped and crowded because of all of the plants, but overall it was nice. All of the green was complimented by the variety of growing flowers on the plants. "What exactly are you looking for?" You asked, glancing around at a couple of the different plants. Tsu thought about it for a moment.

"Well, preferably something low-maintenance. I don't want to forget to water it or something and have it die. And something with little or no flowers, since I have a bad reaction to too much pollen." Tsu explained, looking around a bit. It was nice to have someone who knew what they wanted. It made it much easier to choose. 

You walked around the store for a bit, taking in all of your different options. "Getting a philodendron would be one of your best options. They're pretty low-maintenance and easy to grow, and no flowers. They're really versatile, too, so you can put them just about anywhere. Plus, the heart-shaped leaves and different shades of green are really pretty." You said, turning to look at Tsu.

Tsu thought about what you said, taking a look at the philodendron. Heart-shaped leaves... Tsu nodded. "Yeah, these are perfect. Exactly what I need." She smiled softly, glad that you had helped her out. If she had gone by herself, she probably would've just gotten a succulent or something. "Thanks for your help, (Y/N)." She said, looking up at you. A smile came to your face. "Anytime."