{Chapter 22}

It wasn't much longer until you woke up. Nejire had moved by then, just sitting beside you. "Oh, you're awake now! Are you feeling any better? Did your nap help?" She asked, sitting up. She was paying attention now. You nodded. "I definitely feel at least a little better." You answered, getting up.

The blanket that Nejire had wrapped around you fell off of your shoulders. You frowned slightly at the loss of warmth. "Are you hungry? I made something for you." Nejire gestured to the plate on the coffee table. Thankfully, the food was still warm. You nodded once again, desperately needing some food in your system. "Please-" You said, your stomach growling a little. Nejire giggled softly and passed the plate to you.

Nejire played on her phone while you ate, not wanting to make you uncomfortable. A soft smile crossed her face. She couldn't help it. After all, she was with you. That was something that always made her happy. Plus, it meant she could protect you. Protect you from getting hurt again. Protect you from your psycho classmates. Those were her intentions, after all.

Nejire had no ill will towards you. Her intentions and ideas were pure. She only wanted to help, nothing more. Of course, that may have manifested in the wrong way, but that wasn't her fault. She was just doing her best. As an almost hero, it was her job to protect, and the one she wanted to protect right now was you.

It didn't take much longer for you to finish eating. You placed the plate back down on the coffee table, looking away embarrassedly. You had eaten that way too quickly. Nejire smiled. "All done? Here, let me go wash this for you." She stood up and grabbed the plate. You stood up as well. "Wait. I can do it, really." You said, reaching to take the plate from Nejire. She wouldn't let you grab it.

"Nonsense. You sit here and I'll be back soon. Don't worry about it." Nejire replied sweetly, walking to her kitchen. You sat down, feeling guilty. You should've been the one cleaning up. After all, Nejire was helping you. Nejire returned after a few short moments. "There, all done!" She said happily, sitting back down. You shifted uncomfortably.

Nejire noticed. She looked at you, tilting her head to the side. "Hm? What's wrong? Is it your clothes? Do you want to change?" Her questions flowed one after another. You struggled to answer. "Uhm.. new clothes would be nice." You managed to say, feeling your embarrassment worsen. You didn't want to be a bother.

"Then it's settled! I'll go get you something from my closet!" Nejire said, getting up and heading towards her room. You made no protest, looking down at your hands in your lap. This whole situation felt so odd. You wanted to go back to your apartment, but you knew you were better off here. Ochako might get to you again if you went back.

You also knew that you needed to talk to the heroes. This was a serious situation and they needed to know that their student was dangerous. But, at the same time, you couldn't bring yourself to do it yet. You were too scared of talking to them. Something bad might happen. Right now, you figured your best bet was staying with Nejire and letting her take care of you. Plus, it wasn't bad, either. She was nice.

Nejire returned quickly, holding some comfortable-looking clothes in her arm. "Here, I'll show you where the bathroom is so you can change." She said with a soft smile, holding out her free hand. You took it, wanting to change out of your dirty clothes. These clothes made you think about what had happened, and you didn't want that.

You and Nejire walked quietly to the bathroom. She opened the door for you, letting you walk inside. "I'll be waiting on the couch for you, okay?" She chirped, smiling at you. No response came from your lips. Just a small nod. You closed the door. Vaguely, you could hear Nejire walking down the hall.

You sighed softly, slowly removing your clothes. You closed your eyes, not wanting to look at yourself. "You can shower, too, if you'd like!" Nejire called. You felt better once you heard that. A shower sounded nice. Really, really nice. You undressed the rest of the way, placing your dirty clothes on the floor. The clean ones were on the counter. A soft periwinkle towel sat by the shower. 

You turned on the water, waiting for the shower to warm up. Once it did, you stepped inside. A wave of euphoria washed over you. That felt incredible. A breath escaped your lips as you tilted your head up, letting the water run down your face. You didn't realize how much you had missed this. 

Your shower didn't last long. Not as long as you would've liked, anyways. You turned off the water before grabbing the towel. You wanted to dry off before you got out, that way you wouldn't get the floor wet. You quickly dried yourself off, changing into the clothes Nejire had given you. You felt much better than you had before.

Nejire waited patiently for you in the living room, leaning her face in her hand. A large smile was present on her face. She was happier than she had been in a long time. Having you around was nice. It made her a lot let lonely. She had Mirio and Tamaki, sure, but they never really understood her. Not the way she felt like you did.

You walked out of the bathroom, looking down both sides of the hallway. You noticed one of the doors was open. Getting curious, you went towards the room. You peeked through the door, smiling softly. This was Nejire's room. It was filled with soft pinks and gentle yellows. Nice pastel colors that put your mind at ease. Nejire wouldn't mind if you peeked a little, right? You wouldn't touch anything too important.

Nejire's bed was the first thing you looked at. It was fairly neat, mostly made. Her blankets were wrinkled here and there. Her white desk was cluttered with various cute things and homework assignments. One, in particular, caught your eye. It looked like a contract. You gently picked it up, curious. You couldn't help it.

You were right. It was a contract. A non-disclosure agreement. It was about some sort of disappearance case. You weren't sure what exactly it was yet, though. You stopped as you got to the end of the page. Your grip on the paper tightened. Nejire had been investigating your disappearance. She had been looking for you all along.

For some reason, that made you feel better. People cared enough to look for you. You put the contact down, hoping Nejire wouldn't notice you touched it. With this newfound feeling of happiness, you walked back to the living room. Nejire noticed, perking up. "(Y/N)! How was your shower?" She asked sweetly.

You smiled softly. "It was nice. I feel a lot better now." You replied, sitting down beside Nejire. She seemed to like that. "That's good! I'm glad." She seemed even more chipper than usual. It was nice to know you both shared the same uplifted mood. "I think I might even be ready to go talk to the heroes about what happened." You said, looking over to Nejire.

Nejire's face dropped to a serious expression. "What." She said, looking over to you. Well, more so looking through you. It made you shiver. "Well, I-I thought- you know, that was the whole point of this-" You stuttered, a sense of fear and anxiety coming over you. Nejire didn't like that. "I thought you wanted to stay." She replied, sounding upset. Beyond upset. You backed up a little.

"It's not that I don't! I-I just think that everyone must be worried about me, and-" You didn't get to finish. It seems you hit a nerve. "What about me? How can I know you're safe when you're out there? How can I know you're safe when you're with those monsters?" She questioned, standing up. She hovered over you eerily.

You gulped nervously. "Can we step back for a moment? This is a little too much for me right now..." You muttered. This reminded you too much of Ochako. Nejire didn't like that either. "Step back? Are you serious? I'm trying to talk to you." She spat. You tried to hide your face in your hands, scared that Nejire might hit you.

Nejire grabbed your wrist. You gasped and tried to pull away, your heartbeat quickening. She was going to hurt you. You messed up. You did it again. You were going to be hurt. Nejire saw the look on your face and suddenly froze, letting go of you. She seemed hurt, almost.

"I'm so sorry, I..." Nejire trailed off, her hand slowly falling to her side. She backed up, sitting down on the couch as far away as possible. "I didn't mean to." She whispered, looking scared and sad. After a moment, she stood up. "I'm gonna go for a minute. I'm sorry." She said softly, walking down the hall. You heard her go into her room and shut the door.

You really messed up, didn't you?