{Chapter 18}

Ochako stayed with you that night. She slept hugged onto you, refusing to let go no matter how much you struggled. Eventually, you gave in and stopped trying to get out. You'd wake her up if you kept doing it, and you decided that was a bad idea. If you woke Ochako up, she'd be upset with you. The last time Ochako was upset with you, you were stuck to a ceiling for hours. You didn't exactly want that.

Thankfully, Ochako got up early in the morning. She kissed your forehead and whispered a soft goodbye, thinking you were asleep. You weren't. You weren't sure you even could sleep with her around. That wasn't the point. Ochako left and locked the door, not leaving you anything or untying you. That was to be expected, though. You figured she didn't trust you. Even if she did, it wasn't much.

You opened your eyes, managing to sit up. You were so close to getting out of here. Thanks to Ochako giving you water yesterday, you were able to use your quirk more. With just a little more work, you should be able to get the vine to the window. Then you could escape. You could get out of here.

Escaping felt like a pipe dream, yet it was so close. It almost felt surreal. You knew that wasn't what you should be focusing on, though. Your main focus should be escaping, not how the situation feels. You could think about that after. When you went to therapy. Rather, if you went to therapy. You weren't sure if you would. One thing you were sure about, though, was the fact that you would report Ochako as soon as you could. She used to be your friend, sure, but she wasn't anymore so you didn't feel any guilt about it.

You felt sort of disgusted, honestly. To think that a hero student would do something like this. You weren't sure if you were too surprised, though. Heroes weren't trustworthy. Now you had even more proof of that. At least your distaste for heroes seemed justified now. Those weren't good thoughts to have. You shouldn't be joking about your situation. This was serious. You were in danger. Ochako could snap at any time. Honestly, you were surprised she hadn't already.

Ochako walked to school happily, her bag over her shoulder. She had nothing to worry about. After all, you were safe. Safe and all hers. That was what mattered. Plus, no one would ever even find out! They were way too dumb for that. Besides, she was careful! She made sure that no one would know about what happened that night.

When Ochako got to school, she could hear the whispers starting. About your disappearance. At school, she had to act like it upset her. Which, to be honest, it kinda did. But not in the way she had to pretend it did. It made her angry, but she had to pretend she was sad. She didn't want anyone getting suspicious of her.

"Hey, Ochako." A voice called. Ochako turned around. Oh. It was Tsu. "Hey, Tsu.. have you heard anything about (Y/N) yet?" Ochako asked, doing her best to seem sad. If Tsu found out, Ochako would have to kill her. Ochako didn't want to do that. "No, not yet. I'm getting worried. The heroes should've found them by now..." Tsu trailed off, looking puzzled and concerned.

Ochako had to conceal her smile. All of this was so perfect. No one would ever suspect her. "Well.. I'm sure they're okay! They're strong. I bet they'll be back soon." Ochako smiled softly, trying to comfort Tsu. Well, actually, she didn't really care if Tsu was upset. She just had to act like she did.

Ochako and Tsu walked to class together that day. The students had all been advised to stay with others when possible to protect themselves in the case of future attacks. Or, rather, future kidnappings. The classroom was decently populated by the time Ochako got there. There was a soft buzz in the room. Most everyone was talking about you. That is, with the exception of a certain blonde boy.

It wasn't much longer until class began. Everyone turned their attention to the front of the room, where Aizawa stood. He'd been a lot more serious the past few days, and that was saying something. "Settle down. I know that all of you have been worried about (Y/N), but I reassure you that they will be found and everything will be okay. We've already set up a search party to look for their whereabouts." He said in his usual monotone. You wouldn't even know he was upset about it unless you observed him very closely.

Ochako got nervous for a moment. Not good. "We do have a few older students working on this case, so don't be alarmed if one of them starts asking you guys questions. One student we have in particular is Nejire Hado." Aizawa explained, gesturing towards the door. Nejire walked in, a soft smile present on her face. She stood beside Aizawa, her gaze scanning the classroom. Her eyes landed on Ochako for a moment.

A small shiver ran down Ochako's spine. "Over the next few days, I'll be pulling some of you out of class to talk with you privately. Any and all information shared with me will remain confidential, so there's no need to worry about hiding anything." Nejire said softly. Her tone was comforting and sweet even though she was talking about such a dark topic. It unsettled Ochako a little.

Ochako knew that she had to be more careful now. If she wasn't, Nejire would find her out. She didn't want that. She didn't want anyone to take you away. She couldn't let that happen. You were hers now. She took you fair and square. Well, not really fair, but you could've put up some sort of fight. It was honestly a little sad how easily you went down. That wasn't really what she should be thinking about right now, though. She should try to focus on class. She could think about you later.