{Chapter 16}

True to her word, Ochako hadn't come back that night. You spent the whole time trying to think of ways to escape, struggling in your restraints. Your wrists and ankles were now bruised and bloody thanks to your fighting. It felt like every muscle in your body was aching. You were exhausted. Your eyes felt heavy and you found it hard to stay awake. 

You slowly began to give in to the pull of sleep, wanting to give your throbbing body a break. A little nap couldn't hurt. Besides, Ochako shouldn't be back for a while. You were safe to sleep. You let your eyes start to close, doing your best to feel somewhat comfortable in your cheap restraints.

~

You woke up only a few hours later, light peeking into the room from the slightly covered window. There was no sign that Ochako had come back. That was good. You were still using your quirk to try and break yourself out, growing vines up the outer wall. You weren't sure how much longer you could do it. You were getting dehydrated. Fast.

You couldn't even struggle anymore. Your body ached every time you moved. It had only been a day. Or, you thought it had been, at least. Why were you already so drained? It didn't make sense. None of this did. Why would Ochako even do this? She didn't want to hurt you, did she? She had been your best friend. You trusted her with your life. It didn't seem like her to betray you like this.

You tried not to think about it. All it did was hurt. Besides, you had better things to focus on. Like escaping. You managed to turn yourself around so you could face the window. It seemed like it'd be easy enough to break with a vine or two. That was good. That meant your plan would probably work. You just weren't exactly sure how long this plan would take. As long as you were dehydrated like this, you couldn't use your quirk.

No quirk meant no progress in your escape plan. That wasn't an option. Oh, well. You could think about that later. Right now your head hurt too much. You did your best to get comfortable on the wooden floor, trying to figure out what time it was. Judging by how light it was, you figured it was sometime in the afternoon. That meant Ochako would be back from school soon.

You weren't sure if Ochako coming back was a good thing or not. On one hand, she might give you something to eat or drink. On the other hand, she might still be angry. You didn't want to think about what she'd do if she was still upset. A small shiver ran down your spine at the thought. You hadn't seen her truly upset before. To be honest, you didn't ever want to see that.

After what felt like forever, you heard footsteps walk towards the room you were in. Well, now would be the moment of truth. You'd get to see if Ochako was still mad. You watched the door unlock, feeling a lump start to form in your throat. You were scared of what might happen. Ochako opened the door, smiling softly. 

"Hello, (Y/N)~! How was your day?" Ochako asked, walking over and leaning down in front of you. No response came out of your lips. You couldn't speak. She frowned. "Does your throat hurt?" She questioned, trying to find out why you wouldn't speak to her. You nodded, not meeting her gaze.

Ochako stood up. "I'll be right back, don't worry!" She said happily, walking out of the room. She came back about a minute later. She had a bottle of water in her hand. You didn't really trust her, but you supposed you didn't have a choice. "Mm.. I can't untie you yet, but I can help you." She explained, gently moving you to sit up against the wall. 

Ochako opened the bottle, holding it up to your lips. You didn't like this. "Go ahead, drink it." She instructed, staring at you. Her gaze made you uncomfortable, so you did as you were told. She didn't take the bottle away until you'd finished off most of it. "There! All better~" She cooed, looking down at you with a sickeningly sweet gaze.

You shifted uncomfortably, not looking into Ochako's eyes. She frowned a little. "Well? Do you feel any better or not?" She questioned, seeming a little frustrated. You shook your head quickly. "N-No- I do, I swear." You muttered quickly, scared of what might happen. She smiled, instantly much happier. "Good!" She replied, all giddy. Her mood swings were pretty unpredictable and made you uncomfortable. You were never sure when you might slip up.

Ochako hugged onto you, holding you around your waist. You tensed up slightly. "Isn't this just perfect? Now you and I get to be with each other forever!" She was insane. She had to be. No normal person would do something like this. "Why..?" You managed to ask, looking into her eyes. She paused for a moment. "Why what, (Y/N)?" She questioned, looking confused. You teared up.

"Why did you do this?" Your voice was quiet and hesitant. You weren't sure what kind of reaction you would get. "Oh. Well, that's simple! Seeing you with other people made me jealous, so I took you all for myself!" She explained, smiling. A feeling of dread settled into you. She didn't just want you, she was obsessed with you. That explained a lot. That was why she'd been acting so strange. That was why she didn't want you to leave. That was why she always interrupted your alone time with everyone else. 

You didn't like how much sense that made. It was all so obvious now. You felt stupid for not realizing sooner. You could only hope that someone else would notice, too, so you could escape. In the event that your escape plan didn't work, you'd have to rely on the heroes. That wasn't a very nice option, in your mind. It wasn't reliable. Heroes weren't reliable. They would take too long. They'd be too late. You found that was often the case with heroes. So, you'd be better off trying to escape on your own.

You just hoped Ochako didn't find out. You couldn't imagine she'd be happy with you trying to escape. She would probably punish you in some way. Beat you or something. You weren't sure. She hadn't really hurt you yet, other than knocking you out. You didn't really have a good read on her boundaries with hurting you. That unsettled you. If you knew how comfortable she was with hurting you, you could get a better idea of what types of punishments you would have. But, since you didn't, you could only speculate.

"You're all mine now~!"