3.Love?

The next time Vernon got a call from that stranger was when he was politely trying to tell some girls who were very much trying to flirt with him (you know, asking for his numbers, blinking their eyes sweetly, pouting and twirling their hair with their fingers and all that girly shit) that he is not interested in hook ups. Vernon works as a bartender in a club named Shining diamonds,  owned by Seungcheol, his neighbor slash personal adviser in everything. It's not that Vernon needs to work at a bar. He got rich ass parents. He just simply doesn't like to spend hi time idly. He likes being busy.

"Look, I'm really sorry. But I'm not interested."

"Don't you think I'm pretty?" One of the girls asked, blinking her eyes .

Vernon was really trying not to yell at them. He just doesn't understand what the hell is so great about him? Minhyuk, his co-worker, is sitting only a few feet away, but nobody's asking his number! Vernon really envies him. And he also knows that Minhyuk envies him for getting so much attention from all the girls.

The girl , Maria or Clara or something, he can't really remember her name, held his biceps.

"Oppa." That girl said. Vernon mentally cringed at that. It's freaking New York, god damn it! His own sister doesn't even call him that!

That's when his phone rang. This time he checked the caller id and one look at the number made him want to thank his lucky stars.(What? He didn't mean to memorize that guy's number! Vernon simply had a good memory!)

"Excuse me for a minute." Vernon told the girls and picked up the call.

'Hey stranger, missed me?" That guy said. As soon as he heard that guy's voice, he realized, the guy was drunk.

"Hey babe." Vernon said, smirking to himself at the sight of the pale faces of the girls.Their mouth hung wide open and call Vernon heartless , but he was so damn enjoying that sight.

Soon, the girls left and went to Minhyuk. And Minhyuk shoot them a charming smile. Vernon sighed in delight and concentrated on his phone call. That guy was mumbling something to himself. "hey, I didn't expect you to call me and woww, you didn't even call me Joshua hyung! Impressive." he said.

The guy giggled. (NO, VERNON'S HEART IS NOT THUMPING LOUDLY IN HIS CHEST,DEFINITELY NOT.)

"Seriously, though, do you need some advise or something? I mean are you going to another blind date and you need me to be your stylist again?"

"Don't try to pretend that you don't like talking to me! I know you like it...You said it yourself ..."

"Woww...I'm impressed to see your photographic memory. By the way, how many shots have you had?"

"Come on, It's a Wednesday..which is basically Thursday ..which is basically Friday! And I'm an adult and I'm single and all of my friends are busy with their precious lovers!! And I can't find my favorite shirt that makes me look gorgeous as eff ....I'm wearing a hideous orange t-shirt and there are so many hot guys here..especially the bartender.. but nobody's looking at me!! I'm allowed to get drunk and feel miserable!!"

"Uhh..don't you have any hobbies or something? You don't really need to go to a club and hook up with someone." Vernon seriously doesn't know why the thought of that guy hooking up with someone seemed so....unsatisfying to him.For god's sake he didn't even know that guy!

"I have a lot of hobbies...I'll have you know that my pokemon card collection is the bomb."

"the bomb?"

"The bomb diggity."

"I'll pretend that you didn't say that for your dignity's sake. And besides. you say that, but you seem to have a lot of free time to go to bar and get drunk and talk to strangers."

"You should consider it as a compliment. I have lots of important business going on...but i'm still blessing you with the pleasure of talking to someone as a awesome as me."

"Important business? Like, playing with pokemon cards and trying to find your favorite black shirt that makes you look like gorgeous as eff? Oh, and going on blind dates with people with lunatic ex boyfriend?"

"Rude. And pokemon cards are not only cards. They are the best invention of human kind."

Vernon laughed. Like, really laughed. Seokmin and Seungkwan would get a heart attack if they saw this.

"Ahhhh...stop that!!!! You have such a nice laugh!!! You're turning me on. My weak heart can't take that."

"I'm turning you on? Woww." Vernon said between laughter.

"Marry me, please."

"What? We haven't even met!"

"But it always happens in the movies...and in the fanfictions!!! You know..two people who never met each other falls in love and get married and live in a nice house with an adorable puppy. Haven't you watched 'You've got mail"?"

"I'm really sorry to tell you that I hate love stories. I try to keep at least 100 miles distance between myself and romance."

"I'm hanging up. I seriously can't talk with someone who doesn't love love stories."

Vernon snorted but stopped as soon as he spotted seungcheol coming towards him.

"hey, i gotta go now. Make sure to drink lots of water otherwise you are going to go through a nasty hangover."

"What? you can't leave me like that!! We haven't started flirting yet!"

"Laters, babe."

"OMG did you just christian grey me????" The guy screeched. And Vernon hung up his call. Seungcheol  hyung was  in front of him , shooting daggers .

"You're gonna work overtime today."

Vernon just nodded his head.

Seungcheol hyung's mouth hung wide open. "You are not complaining."

"uhh..no?"

"you're not going to whine about how heartless i am?"

"uhh..well..."

"You're not the Vernon I know. Is everything okay? Are you having a crisis with your parents? What about sofia? You got into a fight with her? Oh my god..don't tell me.. you are dying, aren't you? oh my god how am i going to survive without your help?!! who's going to deliver my letters to jihoon now...."

"Relax, hyung. I'm not dying. And everything's okay at house."

"You're not?"

"nope. "

"But..you seem different. You don't look like you're about to kill whoever comes near you. You look normal."

"is it god or bad?'

"Good. Definitely good." He stayed silent for a moment and then asked,

'What's the matter? You in love or something?'

"Come on ..hyung! You know how much i hate love stories!"

"yeah, okay. Now go and attract more customers with your charming smile."

Vernon groaned at that.

"Now that's the vernon i know." Seungcheol laughed and ruffled his hair before leaving.

And ,no, later that night, Vernon did NOT rent "you've got mail" on itunes. (he did)

a/n: Come talk to me at my insta. my acc is: ashlynx999