Chapter 13

(Papyrus' POV)

Everything felt weird when I woke up, Sans was more energetic then usual. I ate the food that he had given me, it didn't taste awful.. This definitely was an improvement, Dad probably helped him out with it. "A full English.. This is impressive.." I muttered as I stuffed food into my mouth. Once I had finished I got changed and went downstairs to tip my plate into the sink. I saw Blueberry on a stool washing the dishes carefully, Dad was keeping an eye on him as he did so. "Keep the knives on the side Blue, I'll wash those." He said sternly. "Alright." Dad turned to me. "Ah good morning Papyrus." He smiled I handed Blue the plate. "Morning Dad, morning Blue." My Dad smiled at me and I went to sit with him, Blue kept silent, too busy with the dishes. "Did you sleep well?" "Yeah thanks." "Good stuff, I have to go to the lab soon, and to see the Royals, I fear something bad might happen with our project." He drummed his fingers on the table.

"Like what?" He shook me off with a wave of his hand. "I'm afraid you wouldn't understand son." I let out a long sigh. "Gotcha, just be careful Dad." With that I left the house, I needed a morning smoke. It was colder then usual today, that was fine though because I could still light my cig. I popped it in between my teeth and took a large drag from it. Sans hung his head out from the door in the corner of my eye, immediately retreating when he saw what I was doing. I could've sworn that he had a look of disapproval on his face when he did that, though it didn't matter. In the distance I could see a strange small creature, it looked like it was half cat, half dog.  I was certainly curious about it and it seemed to be coming in my direction. It was heading out of waterfall, running as fast as it could, which in actuality was quite slow. I watched as I smoked, flicking away the bud when it approached me. "Hoi I'm Temmie!" It's short tail swung violently behind it. "Hey little guy." I said calmly as I bent down to pet it, it rubbed its head against me happily. "Papyrus I'll be off now could you look after your bro-..." He stopped and store at the strange hybrid infront of me. "Whats that..?" His voice sounded dark, so where his usually bright eyes. "No clue, came from waterfall." Someone shouted its name in the distance, someone young. The hybrid's ears bent back as it muttered something like: "Damn kid.."

A small goat kid ran over to us, panting weakly as he bent over, hands on his knees. "Ah prince Asriel! What brings you here?" My Dad asked calmly, my bones went stiff as I stood up straight. "I... Came after my.. pet.." He huffed in between words. "Pet?" Gaster asked in confusion. "Yeah.. Sorta, but he's more of a friend then that.. I'm sorry if I offended you back there.." He knelt down in front of Temmie who turned his back on him and sat down in the snow. "Temmie.." "I'm not wearing a damn collar." He growled. "Alright I get it, I won't make you.. Let's just head back please.." "Fine." Temmie stood back up and turned back to face the kid. "I'm so sorry to disturb you both, we'll be off now." I nodded. "It's fine my child, I'm headed over to the lab, would you like me to take you home at the same time?" The child nodded shyly. "Yes please Doctor Gaster.." Dad smiled at him. "Alright then, see you in a bit Papyrus." "See ya Dad." They left and I entered the house to find Sans lying on the sofa quite lazily, reading a black book. "Hey bro, what 'cha doin'?" I asked as I leaned on the head of the sofa. "O-oh! Hey Paps." He sat up properly, making room for me to join him. "It's nothing much, just a fictional piece." He said, it looked like it had a lot of words, I never saw him read something with so many, no pictures either. "I see."

Sans simply nodded and placed the red ribbon down the middle of the page before closing it and placing it down on the table on the side of the sofa. "You want to do something together Paps?" He asked me with eyes sparkling in hope. "Yeah sure why not, what 'cha wanna do?" He hummed in thought. "Board games?" "Sounds good, I'll go get them." "Okay!" He chirped, legs swinging as he watched me leave in admiration. I smiled to myself, everyone I knew who had siblings always said that they were pains in the behind, but Sans was an absoloute angel. We rarely fought and if we did, it was over something like my annoying puns and pranks. And even that was only minimal arguing. I knew that despite how much I annoyed him, he always looked up to me and respected me as much as he could. He truly was the perfect brother.

~~~~~~~~~~Sans' Point of View ~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank god he didn't ask about the book, far too complex for 'my age'. He'd be horrified to know that I was reading a horror/detective book about a pyromaniac. He wouldn't know what to do. Though of course he wouldn't have to do anything other then sit there and be terrified. I reopened the book and pulled my knees up to my chest where I placed it and continued were I left off. My eyes twinkled in delight at the gory descriptions in the book, the fact that words and numbers were carved into bodies, their genitals had been stuffed inside their mouths as they were still connected! The beauty of their pain and the flames that gathered on the stake that they were attached to! If I would've been older, then it most certainly would've turned me on. But alas, I wasn't. So I couldn't get hard or anything, I could only think dirty. That really sucked. But I'd just have to deal with it, wait till both me and Paps were adults again. Paps was six years older then me, that means that he would be 24 when I was 18. Thats ten years I'll have to wait, but it'll be worth it. "Back!" He jumped off the last few steps. 'Teenagers..' I thought as I closed my book once more, placing it on the side table.

I put on a bright smile and let my eyes shine with big golden stars in them. "What've we got?" I asked, legs going down as I leaned forward and put my hands on my knees. "Excited huh?" He asked and I nodded, thinking all the while: 'No, I couldn't give a bigger shit Papyrus.' But my smile fooled him as we had a debate on games. We settled on cards, then it was a debate on which card game, he mostly suggested easy games like crazy eights and go fish. These of course did not take my interest, so I suggested that we play blackjack, something that wasn't too hard (for me at least), fun and simple. "Do you even know how to play that..?" Paps asked me, still surprised at my desires. "Of course! I've played it with Dad before." My smile brightened again. With the years of experience I had I was sure to win, though I'd have to try not thrash him and give him a few wins. Then again he was likely to be easy on me.. "Paps." He hummed in response as he shuffled the deck. "Don't go easy on me, I want a challenge." Again I had surprised him. "Uh.. Alright then.."

The game was tons of fun, I won most of the rounds as expected and got to laugh at Papyrus' dismay and how much better I was at it then him. He found it truly infuriating, he'd be even more annoyed if he knew about my unfair advantage. The next game was chess, I cracked him on that a couple of times as well, though he had a better upperhand that time. More skill thats for sure. After that we played pandemic, also a good game. Only did one round of that though, it was a game where we had special powers which we used to help contain the outbreak. The only thing I could think of during all this was zombies, those things were cool. And that'd be perfect for a setting if we got it. The game was very strategic and required a lot of thought, luckily I was a pro and with our teamwork we both managed to win the game. Then Dad walked in. He was still alive. I smiled brightly at him. "How'd it go?" He smiled back. "Surprisingly well, we've stopped things successfully without any accidents. The core will now be properly contained and blocked off so that no one will disturb it and mess things up." I felt greatly relieved, so did he judging by his happy-go-lucky expression. "You two still playing games then?" We nodded. "Can I join in?" He hung his coat up on the rack. "Yeah it'll be more fun with you." 'Less annoying too..' He thought in annoyance. "The more the merrier!" I declared, they both laughed and Dad joined in with some new games.