Acting For Safety

~(Sans' P.O.V)~

It's been a long day, though everything passed by normally. Papyrus telling puns, me training with Alphys. And all the rest of it. It's 5 in the afternoon now, Paps is lying down on the sofa, in a very lazy/awkward position. Whilst I'm cooking supper, tacos as usual, but I've found a new recipe. And I'm sure he'll love it! "PAPYRUS! SUPPERS READY!!" I shouted, and he came into the kitchen, I smiled and handed him the plate. "Thanks bro." He said with a wink. It warmed my heart just to hear him speak, or to see him. 'No.. I can't think that of him, he's my brother.. He's my... Senpai...' I slapped myself, Papyrus looked at me with a confused expression. "Is something wrong Sans? You don't normally slap yourself.." He sounded worried. "Uh... I-I'm fine Paps... I-I'll just go to bed..." I turned around to leave, but he pulled me back, causing my face to go completely blue. "Night bro." He said hugging me. But he quickly let go, and I ran up stairs, blushing like hell.

~(Time Skip To Midnight. Also Papyrus' P.O.V)~

I woke up, my eye flaring up a massive orange flame. I was sweating, and my breathing was heavy. I choked on the tears that I was trying to hold back. I wiped the tears away and headed downstairs. I checked the time on my phone, midnight. 'Crap.' I thought, but I went into the kitchen to grab a bottle of honey. It might just help to calm my nerves. I heard a weird sound, like a knife, being pulled out of the knife rack... Which was right behind me... I turned around summoning a long sharp, orange glowing bone. But nobody was there. I sighed. "Am I going crazy or what?" I got rid of the bone and went back upstairs to bed. And thankfully I didn't have anymore nightmares.

~(Time Skip To Seven In The Morning.)~

"M-morning bro.." I said as I leaned against the wall in the kitchen. Sans, hearing my voice turned around swiftly. He looked worried. "Papyrus? Are you okay, you're up earlier than you normally are.." My eyes widened as I grabbed my phone out of my hoodie's pocket and checked the time. 'Jesus I'm up early..' I put my phone back in my pocket and shrugged. "Bad night." Was all I said. Sans' face darkened a bit, but he hugged me hoping that I hadn't noticed. "Are you okay Sans?" He hugged me tighter which surprised me. "I'm fine Paps... I'm just worried about you thats all." I sighed. "I'm fine Sans.." He pulled away from me. I looked to my side, to see one of the kitchen knives missing. I knew which one was missing, a butchers knife. I didn't even know why we had it, but it wasn't a good sign that it was gone. "Sans.. Do you know anything about this?" I asked pointing to the empty space on the rack. "Hm? Uh no Paps.. Why would I? You know that I don't like sharp knives, they're scary." He shivered as he said that, but little did I know that he was acting.

~(Time Skip To One In The Afternoon, Sans' P.O.V)~

"PAPYRUS I'M GOING OUT!!" I shouted, as I headed for the door. "M'kay bro, just be back before dark and stay safe." He said lazily from the couch. "Alright Paps." I said as I went out the door and slammed it shut, scaring the crap out of Papyrus as I did so. But little did he know, what I was going to do.