Chapter 12 A New Start

~Sans~

What time is it...? What day is it, what year is it...? I sat up and groaned, I felt really weird, I felt younger, and smaller-Looking down apon myself I could see I was none other than 8 years old again. This'll be a pain in the ass... I sighed and got out of my bed, walking over to my cupboard and getting some comfortable clothes to put on, or more commonly known in this house as lazy clothes. I quickly shed my pajama's and put them on, it was the same thing as I had been wearing a day before. All I could hope for is that I would be able to act normal and I didn't feel like killing this time, these people were my friends. I've killed them once, that's enough. I'll still add my blood to his share of  food, but other then that no killing.. I thought and checked my clock, it was seven thirty, a perfect time to get up, I walked over to my door and opened it, locking it behind me and carefully trudging down the stairs trying not to make a sound.

Walking past the sofa and turning to go into the kitchen I noticed Gaster was already up and he was drinking what I presumed to be coffee. He looked up from his mug and waved. "Morning Dad!" I said cheerfully. "Mm.. Morning son, you sure you should be wearing all that?" He took another long sip from his mug which I noticed said "World's Best Dad" on it, must've been the one Papyrus got him. The words were blue, the mug was white and it was adorned with hearts around the bottom and top, the message in the middle. "I know, but they're just so comfortable! I can't stand that damn battle body thing anymore! I could fix up a different outfit I suppose that's childish.. I just want to start over with something new, and I won't do you know what this time." He nodded, putting the mug back down and putting his elbows on the table. He picked up a book and flipped through it.

"Alright then, just be careful about how you go around things. Now, would you like help with cooking or are you fine on your own?" I thought a moment, he glanced at me, waiting patiently. "Yeah I should be fine, just have to use a stool."  "It'll be odd to him that your cooking will be good, would you like me to pretend I helped a bit?" I nodded, smiling brightly and he chuckled darkly. "Well alright then, be careful and no blood in his portion." "Dammitttt!" I wined and he smiled up at me. "Go slowly with this timeline Sans." "Fine Dad I will." He nodded and put his glasses on, pressing the tape against the sides of his skull and leaning back in his chair as he read his book happily. I grabbed a stool from besides the fridge and placed it by the stove, grabbing all the ingredients in favour. Eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, a tin of copped tomatoes, some bread to fry, mushrooms.. I then moved my stool to grab all the pans and things I would need to cook everything in. I put some sausages and black pudding in the oven, then turned it on whilst cracking a few eggs on the counter. I poured them into the pan and they started to sizzle. I stabbed the bacon pack open and felt Gaster's eyes on me when it popped. "I don't think I'll be able to cover you if you're making a full English Sans, I'll have to say you were supervised and that's about all I can do." "Alright Dad, that's fine with me!"

I dragged the knife along the packet carefully before taking it out and ripping the cover straight off. I grabbed a few plates and put the cooked eggs onto them, I'd only cooked two so far so I put them both onto one plate. I then did three pieces of bacon which spat a bit making me have to move my stool to be away from the pan. I leant over after a couple of minutes to flip the pieces over as I knew Gaster liked it crispy and then immediately went back to my safe zone, keeping an eye on it. The bacon was soon done and joined the plate, the black pudding be transferred to the pan to finish it off. That also soon joined the plate, then some fried bread, the mushrooms, the tomatoes that were cooked in a separate pan, then the sausages. I handed Gaster his plate. "Ah thank you Sans! This looks wonderful!" I smiled at him and gave him his cutlery before going to make my own portion. After it was done I sat besides him, with a cup of tea to join it and ate happily. Gaster tipped his plate gently into the sink and came back to the table to continue reading.

Once I finished my plate joined his, and my finished drink next to the electric kettle. I checked the time on my phone to see that it was now ten past eight and smiled. "I think I'll quickly make Papyrus his portion then bother him by sitting on him!" Gaster laughed, clearly remembering how I used to do that very often to both him and Papyrus. "Alright be careful when you do so though!" I chuckled lightly. "Will do!" It took  ten minutes to make Papyrus's-- "Oh, never mind it took thirteen.." I sighed at how badly I misread the kitchen clock, not being bothered to pull my phone from my pocket. I picked up the plate and walked upstairs, holding it in two hands until I came to his door. Transferring the plate into my left hand I used the other to open the door and saw Papyrus asleep quite peacefully and smirked. I set the plate down on his chest of drawers and climbed onto the bed, wobbling a bit since I was on my knees. I pushed him over onto his back and he groaned. "Leave me alone bro...." I chuckled again and moved to sit on his chest, or ribs actually. He didn't react so I moved down to his pelvis to still receive nothing. I began to get annoyed so I leaned forward and slapped him across the face, going back and smiling brightly at him as he woke up, eyes wide. 

"Morning Pappy!" "Jesus fu-S-Sans... Did you have to slap me?" "Yes! You didn't wake up when I sat on you and you normally do so that was the only other idea I had!" He groaned again at my cheerfulness. "Alright what time is it then...?" "Around eight twenty!" He put a hand over his eyes. "I made breakfast for you.." My tone sounded a bit sad, I knew it would convince him to get his lazy ass up. "Okay I'll get up!" I pointed to the side and he looked at it, trying to hide his fear of food poisoning but I still noticed and it hurt. I kept a smile plastered on my face though and got off of him, glad that I wouldn't have to do anything further. I hopped off of the bed and Papyrus sat up, and grabbed the plate, he started eating and looked satisfied as well as relieved. I left the room with a small skip in my step when I headed back downstairs. 

(Late update I know, very sorry but everything has been stressful lately and I'm going through alotta shit right now although I will try to write as much as I can!)