Chapter 10

22 days until the anniversary

(Y/n) was happy about not being the only person that was part of the LGBTQ+ Community in his friend group, now that Aaliyah was with them. (Y/n) decided that, even though Aaliyah was just the newest addition to the friend group, he would come out to her first. She would accept him, at least he knew that with her.

     (Y/n) was pretty sure that the others would accept him too, but coming out to Aaliyah just felt a lot safer.

As always (Y/n) had lunch with the whole group, including Aaliyah who was happily chatting with Dalia. "How can I lure Aaliyah away from the group?", (Y/n) asked himself,  it things started to roll just fine for him on its own.

     "I gotta go to the bathroom, I'll be right back!", Aaliyah exclaimed with an energetic voice, earning a few nods from the rest of the table. She stood up and left. Now (Y/n) had to just wait for a little while before following her. "I sound as if I'm gonna do something bad to her", (Y/n) whined in his thoughts, before standing up himself.

"Gotta go find someone from my French Class because of some homework stuff. See you guys later!", he said, not giving the others time to respond, before he left.

     As soon as (Y/n) was out of side he started jogging towards the women toilets, sitting on a bench near them and waited for Aaliyah to come out, so they can have a talk.

     (Y/n)'s palms were sweating and and his legs couldn't stand still. He didn't know what he was so scared about, obviously Aaliyah would accept him. Why wouldn't she, she's bisexual herself.

     (Y/n) stretched out his legs, trying to stop them from shaking, but they only started shaking more, when he heard the women's restroom door open.

"Oh hey (Y/n)! We're you waiting for me?", the boy could hear Aaliyah's happy voice asking, as she came closer to the bench.

"Hey, um... can you sit down? I gotta talk to you about something", (Y/n) asked. He tried to sound determined, but sounded way more serious than he wanted to.

Aaliyah gave him a weird look, but sat down nonetheless. "Sure. Is something wrong?".

"Are you bisexual?", (Y/n) decided to ask first, not wanting to make any assumptions. He might have seen the big bisexual flag in her room, but he's still kind of an overthinker.

Now it was Aaliyah's turn to get nervous. "Um, yes. You saw the flag in my room, didn't you? Is ot an issue to you that I am? Because I don't want to get hatecrimed today for loving men and women".

(Y/n) looked at her and raised his hands defensively. "No no, that's not what I meant! I don't have a problem with you being bisexual at all!" "I'm actually glad you are...".

Aaliyah raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Then why are you pulling me aside to ask?-", suddenly an idea seemed to get in her head. "Wait, don't tell me are..?", she left the question that way, but flicked her wrist, to show (Y/n) what she meant.

(Y/n) just nodded. "Yes, I'm gay".

Aaliyah let out a relieved sigh and (Y/n) could see her posture relax a little. "God, I thought you are homophobic for a second. Don't scare me like that!", she hit (Y/n)'s arm playfully.