Chapter 13

19 days until the anniversary

Karasuno's Orange haired first year and Kenma have been friends since the day they've met.

Even if Kenma has never been an extroverted or loud person, to which Hinata is quite the opposite, the two of them just liked something about each other. And it was good for both of them to have more friends, since both of them didn't have that many of them. Both for different reasons.

     Kenma did feel a bit guilty for not telling Hinata about his boyfriend. He knew that the first year would never judge him for anything (except for maybe when he would stop playing Volleyball), so why was it so hard for the setter to tell him?

"Are you alright?", the center of Kenma's thoughts, Hinata, suddenly asked the boy.

Hinata has noticed that Kenma has been on edge for the whole day.

     He didn't know what was bothering his friend, but he was still worried. It's common for Kenma to be quiet and calm, much the opposite than the ginger himself. But the setter turned even quieter than normal.

     He seemed to be trapped in his own thoughts, making his sets in training games appear sloppy, which also gave him some annoyed glances from his fellow teammates. Still, no one has asked him what's wrong, apart from Kuroo. But after Kenma told him what was wrong, the ravennette just gave him an "It will be ok"- look, but then left him alone.

     Hinata has also asked Kenma what was wrong, but he wouldn't give him an answer. He only says that he has to think about something, and then dismisses the first year, making Hinata only more worried. Usually the ginger wasn't an observant person, but when it came to his friends it was different.

     "Kenma, Are you sure you're ok?", Hinata asked as their training match ended with a win for Karasuno. Karasuno didn't ein to many matches yet, so the team was celebrating. Even if Hinata would like to celebrate with his team, right now he has Kenma on his mind. He was worried.

"I'm ok, don't worry about it", the older just answered and walked away from his friend, to go sit on the bench and drink his water.

"That's clearly a lie", Hinata just thought, before walking up to his own team. He can't help his friend if he won't talk about it, so he decided to give him a bit of freedom.

     Meanwhile Kenma was freaking out internally.

     "Is it really that obvious that I've been overthinking?", he asks himself as he sat down next to Kuroo.

"Hm, if you ask me, yes. It was very obvious", Kuroo answered the question that wasn't directed at him unbothered.

"No, I didn't ask you", the setter grumbled again, a bit sour. He wasn't mad at Kuroo, and Kuroo knows that, he is rather mad at himself for being so easy to read.

      "No need to get all defensive", the taller best friend said nevertheless, holding his hands in front of him defensively.

The shorter sighed. He really was on edge, and he knew leaving it out on Kuroo was not fair. He's lucky to have a supportive best friend like him, someone who is able to handle his moods at all times, respects his boundaries fully and never questions him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just really on edge. I don't want Hinata to think I'm mad at him or something, but I just can't get myself to tell him somehow".