Chapter 32

20 minutes until the anniversary

     Kuroo and (Y/n) were walking, or more so, speed walking, since (Y/n) didn't even want to be a second to late, to Kenma's house.

"Kuroo, let's fucking go!", the boy kept pulling Kuroo towards the house.

Meanwhile the other was tired. "Why do you have to do this at midnight", he yawned in agony.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes. "Because I want to see my boyfriend finally, I've been waiting a whole year for this!".

     Even though Kuroo wouldn't show it, he was happy for his two friends.

     Kenma, with whom he has been best friends ever since they were just little children. The boy, who he always thought was going to stay alone with his video games for ever and maybe adopt a cat or two. He remembers Kenma as the little boy who was so opposed to love, saying it was a waste of time and money and effort.

     And now there Kuroo was, walking with Kenma's boyfriend of a year, running to Kenma's house to surprise him. If older Kuroo would have told his younger self that Kenma was going to be in a long-term relationship before him, he wouldn't have believed himself.

     But he could not be more proud at how much his young friend has grown, and he couldn't express how much he loved Kenma and his relationship. He wanted to stay his friend, for ever.

     Kuroo looked at (Y/n) with a smile on his face, as the boy excitedly kept on pulling him.

     (Y/n) was peculiar to him, but not in a bad way. His personality just matches with everyone and he always seems so nice and calm, even if the life around him would give him challenges he never lost his cool. Even though Kuroo didn't know him for that long, he was just as proud of him, as he was of Kenma.

     Kuroo simply adored the boys' relationship and thought they were something to aspire to be like.

"Oh my god I'm on my boyfriends lawn", (Y/n) said as if our of breath, jumping up and down excitedly, or more anxiously. Or both.

Kuroo's couldn't help but laugh at the boy. "Yes, you Are, this is Kenma's house", he said as he pointed at Kenma's house with a swift motion.

Immediately Kenma looked at his phone to check the time.

11:57 p.m., only three minutes remaining.

He felt as if he was gonna die of hyperventilating.

"Kuroo I'm gonna see my boyfriend oh my god", he whisper yelled so he wouldn't be discovered to early.

Kuroo laughed more as (Y/n) hugged the captain excitedly and thankfully. "Thank you for bringing me here and letting me stay at yours. Thank you for everything", he thanked with a bright smile.

     11:58 p.m., only two minutes remaining.

     "I'm glad my boyfriend has such a great best friend, seriously. You're a good guy", (Y/n) smiled at him.

     Kuroo smiled back. "I'm glad my best friend has a good boyfriend. I trust you to take care of him", he said, meaning every word. He was glad he could be friends with (Y/n).