Chapter 29

3 days until the anniversary

     Kenma was anxious. He had to send (Y/n) his anniversary gift today, so that it could maybe arrive in time, and he still hasn't found anything that would suit him or his boyfriend.

     He was anxious.

     So now there he was, helplessly standing in a shopping center, trying to find what to get (Y/n).

     But this would be a harder task than he expected.

     "Remind me, why did we follow Kenma?", the vice-captain of the Nekoma Volleyball Team, Yaku Morisuke asked, slouched behind a bench.

     "He was anxious all day! We need to know what's going on!", the taller boy next to him, Lev Haiba, who had a far harder time hiding answered his upperclassman.

"I don't get why you wanted me to come", Kuroo sighed next to them, not even bothering trying to hide, much to Lev's dismay. Kuroo knew that Kenma Must have already noticed them following him.

Lev grunted. "Think about it, not even you know why he is acting weird today! That must mean it's serious, and isn't it your duty as a best friend to make sure he's ok?".

In fact, Kuroo knew exactly why Kenma was acting the way he was, it's just that he didn't want to tell the rest of the team and casually out the setter. So he decided to suck it up and do what his underclassman asked him to, stalk his best friend through a shopping center.

Kenma was not stupid, he saw that tall Russian head peaking out everywhere, he was way to tall to stay hidden, no matter the effort. But how was Kenma gonna find an anniversary gift if every move of him was tracked? Maybe Kuroo could help him a bit by distracting Lev?

     Whatever, his main motive was to get an anniversary gift. It's not like Lev would immediately know who Kenma was buying something for. Yet, Kenma decided to be careful. The way he knew his underclassman, Lev's mind would come up with a lot of crazy stuff. Like one day, when their fellow teammate, Inuoka, came late to practice, Lev thought that on the way the boy had been captured by aliens who would shove something up his butt to host an alien television show about earth.

     Now that Kenma was thinking about it, that was just a South Park reference, so he probably stole it from there.

     Still, it wasn't a lie that Lev would come up with some crazy theories and then he would try to spread it across the teammates. And even though Kenma knew that basically no one would believe Lev fully, the setter did not want to deal with this.

So Kenma walked quickly, as if with a purpose (which he had, but not to a certain direction), right into open areas of the shopping center so the boys couldn't hide anymore.

Kuroo chuckled with amusement that he's been caught, while Lev groaned. "How comes that I'm never able to spy on Kenma? I can do it easily on everyone else!".

"You what now?", Yaku looks up at the younger in shock, not particularly liking the idea of the taller stalking him. Lev decides to not answer, as he's already said to much.

"Well come on, let's give up and go home", Kuroo offered the other two boys to give Kenma some privacy, trying to shoo them out of the store, deadpanning as Lev went right up to Kenma.

The russian waved. "Kenma!", he yelled loudly, making quite a few heads turn, waking a sleeping baby and making Yaku apologize to the mother profusely. "What are you doing? Where are you going? We're gonna join you", he decides as he stood right next to the older boy, who looked at him in disgust.

"No you're not", he answered.

     Yet, the taller didn't listen and just started following Kenma around, dragging Yaku behind him, Kuroo following behind too, just to see some drama. Meanwhile Kenma was annoyed.

     "Stop following me, I swear to god, I am gonna break you!", he threatened after a while. The second year was getting pretty pissed at that point, he didn't have any space to actually look for a gift, feeling every one of his movements tracked and judged by the first year.

     "I just want to know what you're doing", Lev answered, whining as he dragged the g in the last word. He was acting like a toddler, which made Kuroo laugh and Yaku sigh in annoyance.

     Kenma groaned. "I'm picking out a gift, alright? Now quit bothering me!", the boy finally told, still annoyed with the lack of space.

     Immediately there was a change in Lev's mood. "Oh, for who?", he asked joyful, looking around for gift related stuff, or something like that.

     Kenma sighed as he turned around and kept walking, looking for his anniversary gift. "Someone. You don't know him".

     "Is he a friend?", Lev asked curious, walking right beside him.

     Kenma thought for a second. This would definitely be a good time to come out to Lev and Yaku, wouldn't it? He has wanted to do it for a while, he just couldn't find the right moment. Even though the Russian was annoying, Kenma tolerated Lev as someone with a constant passion. And Yaku was just Yaku, he was a cool guy, and a close friend to everyone. So why wouldn't Kenma just do it?

     "He's my boyfriend, actually. I'm looking for an anniversary gift", he told, quietly.

     Kuroo nearly spat out his cola in surprise of his best friends coming out, he didn't expect him to just say it so casually.

     Yaku didn't answer, he didn't care, it was not his business to care.

     Meanwhile Lev stood, his mouth agape. But he wasn't surprised about Kenma being gay.

     Instead...

     "YOU ACTUALLY MANAGED TO GET A BOYFRIEND?"

     "WOULD YOU SHUT UP?"

     "HOW? I MEAN, IT'S YOU"

     And with a smack, the first year was silenced.

••••••••••
HAPPY GAY MONTH! Obviously I had to upload a chapter today, considering it's the time of the year, hoped you enjoyed and I hope you guys feel prideful. Remember to be who you are, haters are gonna hate, you guys stay loyal to yourself. Much love <3

(1044 Words)