Bear Trap

A small bear was running through the forest, having a great time just prancing around. Meanwhile, the deer it was chasing was having a lot less of a great time. The bear pounced on it, and the deer shifted to its human form.

"Ok! Ok! You win!!" The deer exclaimed. The bear laughed and shifted to his human form.

"I told you I'm way faster than you!" California exclaimed. Pennsylvania rolled her eyes.

"You're just mean," Pennsylvania said. California stood up, holding a triumphant pose, before he was also tackled by a bear.

"MONTANA!!! STAAAAAWP!!!" California exclaimed. Montana laughed and shifted to her human form.

"Calm down baby bear, I thought we were playing tackle war!" Montana exclaimed. California huffed.

"I was just showing Penny what for," California said. Suddenly, three mockingbirds flew by and shifted mid-air, landing on their feet.

"Some idiot killed a coyote and was walkin around sayin it was one of us!" Tennessee exclaimed.

"Hah! Stupid humans! Was it your favorite one?" California asked.

"No, it wasn't Texas... but the idiot did make fun of Texas," Arkansas said.

"Texas is a human, humans are just laughing stocks," Montana said.

"Texas gives us food! He's no laughing stock!" Mississippi exclaimed.

"Pft, I still don't think humans exist- or, at least not this close to the forest. I would've seen one by now!" Pennsylvania exclaimed.

"I think they probably exist, but what did Georgia say about you three going into the village?" California said.

"...Not to do it....but we don't listen to deer," Tennessee said.

"Rude," Pennsylvania said.

"Maybe you should," Georgia said, walking over to them.

"But-,"

"No buts, it's far too dangerous, a small bird like you three would be dead in a second against a rifle," Georgia said. On that somber note, the Aerillians went back to their respective homes. Most Aerillians don't know their families, so they just stick with animals like them. The two grizzly bears, (California and Montana) lived with three older black bears (Alabama, West Virginia, and Louisiana).

"There you two are! Dinner is almost ready," Louisiana said.

"Yaaaaaay!" Montana exclaimed.

"What are we having?" California asked.

"Food," Alabama said.

"No! Really? That's crazy!" California exclaimed sarcastically. The bear family sat down to eat their food, talking about the day.

"And I found out I can now eat 1,007,568 berries before throwing up! That beats my previous record of 1,000,543!" West Virginia exclaimed.

"Number one, I don't know why you think that's something to be proud of, and number two, I very much doubt you actually counted as you were eating," Montana said.

"Why can't you just be happy for me?" West Virginia asked sadly. Montana rolled her eyes. Meanwhile, California was staring out the kitchen window.

"Cali, dear, what's wrong?" Louisiana asked.

"Oh, nothing, I'm just wondering... have you ever seen a human?" California asked.

"I have, they look like us but don't have any animal parts. Really nothin special 'bout 'em," Louisiana said.