The Empress's Son's New Clothes

Texas and California were trying to hang out in the village, however they were constantly crowded by the Aerillian people who wanted to meet the prince.

"Um... what do I do?" Texas whispered to California.

"I don't know, I've never been a prince before. What do you think you should do?" California asked. Suddenly, Texas spotted three buffalo.

"You are our bodyguards now, please escort us to the palace safely," Texas said. The buffalo looked at him weird.

"Who are you?" One asked.

"Oh um... sorry if I sounded too bossy, it's just-,"

"He's the PRINCE. Treat him with RESPECT," California exclaimed.

"OH MY GOODNESS MY APOLOGIES YOUR HIGHNESS RIGHT THIS WAY!" Another buffalo exclaimed, slapping his bud on the back of the head. The three of them lead Texas and California to the palace, where America was perched over the doorway like a gargoyle. He glided down and shifted into his human form.

"Oklahoma! Kansas! Wyoming! How's my favorite buffalos?" America exclaimed.

"Very stupid, we didn't realize you found the prince," Wyoming said.

"You aren't stupid, I don't look too princely," Texas said.

"To be fair, that is true," Oklahoma said.

"Oh! Fashion makeover time?!" California said. America smiled and opened the palace door.

"Have at it," America said. California immediately dragged Texas inside.

"Whats happening?" Texas asked.

"I may or may not be a part time fashion designer, and you may or may not look absolutely drop-dead gorgeous in a few moments," California said. He lead Texas to his bedroom that had been set up for him while he was away, and California checked out the outfits they already had for him.

"Hmm... nice enough, but too... serious. You don't strike me as a serious guy. I'll have to mend this to be more youthful... modern yet traditional... interesting...," California said, before letting out a loud whistle. The mockingbirds (who were almost definitely following them around the entire time) flew in through the open window. "I want you and all of your bird friends to find all the pristine shiny things you can. I'm going to go get some fabric, sewing needles, and thread. Texas, you strip to a comfortable amount of unclothed," California said. The mockingbirds chirped in agreement, and flew off.

"I am very confused and lost so I will just do whatever you say unless I feel very wildly uncomfortable," Texas said. Texas took off the amount of clothes that felt comfortable to be without, and a half hour later California walked in with a wagon full of things.

"Ok, time to make you look so f*ckin beautiful," California said.

"Here's the sketch, now just to make it reality," California said

"How'd you make this so quick?" Texas asked.

"No questions please," California said, already starting to measure Texas's legs.

"Okaaay.... um... sorry," Texas said.

"No need. There's also no need to be uncomfortable, we're friends, I won't bite," California said.

"No, it's just... I'm not often shirtless, pantless, and shoeless in front of anybody," Texas said.

"Well, no need to be shy, I don't judge people's bodies. Besides, you have the bonus of being wildly attractive so you don't have anything to worry about," California said. Texas's shy, socially deprived young male brain immediately went into panic mode hearing someone he had a positive opinion of compliment him.

"Um... you are nice to look at too- I don't stare at people often- I would stare at you- not in a creepy way- only if you want me to- that sounded weird- uh-fuh-duh-meh-ehhhhhh- how's your day been?" Texas stuttered. California chuckled.

"You're real cute, y'know that?" California said.

"Imsorry," Texas squeaked helplessly.

"....Do you wanna just talk for a bit before I dress you?" California asked.

"No, no... I'm... I'm really sorry... I like talking to people, and being social, and it's not like you scare me... but... for some reason I feel really awkward around you and it makes it kinda hard to function properly, which really sucks because I like you and would like to seem normal to you," Texas said. California smiled.

"You're normal in a comfortably abnormal way, that's why I like you. You're just being yourself, and I never minded if that meant you were a bit awkward, or liked playing things safe, or were friendly and welcoming... it was nice just feeling like I met someone genuine. So, it's ok, be awkward, I really don't mind at all," California said. Texas smiled, and let California dress him up.

When he was all fancied up, California led him to his parents, who looked so proud of their handsome lil boy.

"You look so cute! Ay, Mi hermoso chico!" Mexico exclaimed, hugging Texas close.

"Ay ama... I'm not a baby," Texas said.

"You're our baby," America cooed, joining the hug. Texas smiled and took in the embrace. He was afraid he wouldn't feel like he belonged with his birth parents, but the three of them formed an instant bond.

"We're thinking of throwing a party to welcome you to your new home, are there any more humans you'd like to invite?" Mexico asked. Texas smiled.

"I have a few in mind...,"