NO!

Texas and his parents were leading the human village to the Aerillian empire, and Texas was telling the orphanage kids all about the Aerillians he'd met.

"They're all very nice, and super cool! I think you'll have an amazing time," Texas said.

"Will the bears hurt us?" A child asked.

"Of course not! My good friend is a bear, and he's very kind," Texas said. They got to the empire, to be met with a celebration. The humans were greeted fairly well, especially since the empress warned the Aerillians ahead of time not to be scared if a large group of humans showed up. Everyone was having a nice time socializing, and California found Texas and started chilling with him, although it proved to be a bit difficult staying away from the large crowds constantly surrounding them. Eventually, Canada and Minnesota helped sneak them off to the palace garden, a place with limited access.

"Finally... man, I don't know how you'll get used to those crowds of people," California said, plopping down on a bench. Texas nodded.

"Yeah....," Texas said, glancing over at California, who was sitting near a small pond within the garden. He reached out and grabbed a water lily, and studied it gently. fireflies circled around him, and Texas felt his face go red. He sat next to him and stared out at the water.

"... I... I need to thank you," Texas said.

"For what?" California asked.

"Well... If we never met, I... I don't think I would've found my home... my family... and... I... um...," Texas stuttered.

"You...?" California egged on. Texas sighed.

"I really like being with you, and... I've never had someone like that- well, I had Virginia and the mockingbirds, but I didn't even know they were Aerillian- but I actually... I... Never mind...," Texas said, having trouble putting his feelings into words. California smiled and grabbed Texas's hand, before leaning closer to him and drawing his face closer, lips slightly parted....

until suddenly, an arrow ripped through Texas's chest.